Game of Logging

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Define trolling please. It seems like anything not favorable to you is labeled trolling. Really. A definition is needed. Did you read the rest of my post? It was right on topic although you wouldn't ever agree with it.

He was making the present perfect verb clause, "To Troll," synonymous with the compound noun, "Passive-Aggression;" what you were actually attempting to employ. Verbs sometimes don't predicate to subjects as readily in English as in some of the other Germanic branches.

Passive-aggressive tendencies are borne straight outta the troll's toolbox. lol Honest mistake...

Right Brian, good thing to do but this was not mine,
So..big mistake when you commit to a plan with untested equipment. The jack was dry so I tried to put so fluid in but didn't work and it was getting dark.
Because I took it 180° of the lean it was now the wrong angle to pull from over the fence with my truck as it would break the holding wood. I did end up removing the jack and was able to wedge out sideways from the middle burrying the 12" then throwing a rope up, tied back to a stump on the high side and made a poor mans come-a-long "poor mans") with a boulin on the bite. That's done pushing on the rope sideway with three people in this case.
I wasn't sure a would be able to wedge it but normally I would have backcut first with a small U/C then gone higher and repeated then higher with a redirect. (No rope or jack needed.) I didn't plan for back up plans and used untested equipment.
So mistakes for sure.
BTW ...what kind of fluid would that jack take...Beer???no...

The saga continues....
beer is hydraulic and will work for a fluid in a pinch ,auto trans fluid is same viscosity so good choice if have some ,your bar oil would work in a pinch but a little thick ,you do what you gotta do when you have to sometimes ,i am lazy so i do not try to flip trees leaning that bad 180 with wedges ,i know it can be done ,but i do not like to sweat if can avoid it ,i would rather tie my pickup to another point and use the winch or a cable and a block or 2 and pull it over

Latest posts

Back