The Perfect Gas Can…

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm wondering if the package gets turned around at the border?

Or do you get a smuggling charge...lol

Might have to mail one to someone and put a bunch of kinder surprise stuff with it...lol
No, when I hit the shipping option in the website I placed the order through my address was rejected/ usa was not an option. Tried several different over sea based companies. Usually it means irs not an item for export to the states.

I have an assortment of Wedco style plastic containers . 1 gallon , 2 gallon & four 5 gallon ( red for gas , yellow diesel) containers . Spout & dust cap are always readily available here . Still have two 5 gallon ( usg.) Eagle metal cans that I use for gear & transmission used oil storage to the waste oil collection depo annually .

Great video, Tom.

I like the no-spill for dispensing fuel to small engines and saws, and the steel NATO cans for bulk storage in the shed.

I have a few spouts for the NATO cans, but skip them if I can. I think it was someone here that mentioned the jiggler siphon, and it's been a life saver.

https://www.harborfreight.com/self-priming-copper-jiggler-pump-63309.html
Have had one for 10 yrs , draining the sled fuel tanks is a breeze . Bought a spare for hunting camp for draining ( decanting) diesel fuel . Agree very convenient indeed .

I hope this video helps save you frustration and wasted money on terrible gas cans for your saws and other engines, these ones are a game changer!

I have been using a windshield washer fluid jug for about 25 years for all of my small 2 stroke gas mix engines. I like it because it's small, see-through and fairly easy to pour compared to a larger container. The see-through aspect allows me to make partial refills with some simple marks on the side of the jug at 50 and 100 ounces.

I have been using a windshield washer fluid jug for about 25 years for all of my small 2 stroke gas mix engines. I like it because it's small, see-through and fairly easy to pour compared to a larger container. The see-through aspect allows me to make partial refills with some simple marks on the side of the jug at 50 and 100 ounces.
Nice, use what works right! The teams at the drags use tomato sauce bottles to spray the super chargers with nitromethane!

22,000 hp flying down the track is pretty crazy to experience.
View attachment e21dc5e3-ac33-4664-ab8c-d50526c1a986.mov

I've used a variety of fuel containers over the past 45 years, including some of the older metal cans with flexible spouts and the can in the video. For the past several years, I've used some cheap cans with an aftermarket spout and a vent added. I picked up the one in the video last summer. I can't say that its the best can I've ever used or not, but worse case it takes 2nd place. I like the fact that I can set the short spout in the tank and still see past it into the tank. I can easily push the button and release it in time to keep from over flowing the tank, and then pulse it a time or two to finish topping it off. I did add one of the yellow vents to the tank so that it will a bigger tank faster when needed. Other than having to add the vent (which I keep a bag of in my shop), I'm extremely happy with it.

Nice, use what works right! The teams at the drags use tomato sauce bottles to spray the super chargers with nitromethane!

22,000 hp flying down the track is pretty crazy to experience.
View attachment 1166735
I thought open class tractor pulls where pretty sweet until I went to my first NHRA Nationals event. We sat even with the starting line about half way up the stands. I determined that it was proof positive that not only is God real, but he's a man.... Tim Allen ain't got noth'n on those folks.

1712239830663.pngI use this from Easy-Pour and screw on their high capacity flexible spouts on the jerry cans for my forced air kerosene heater fuel; I also have the no-spill cans. I really like the no-spill cans better. Also, I add a small capped vent on the old jerry cans.

They ruined boat gas tanks too. Boy that took some reading back in 2018 with my new tank and issue.

They want to sell you a valve you cut your fuel line in half to install. To keep it from locking up the motor during high heat and pressure of a non vent tank. Blows up like a big football with to much pressure inside.

All they did was create and new problem.

So I bought older caps with adjustable vents. Found one that fit and worked and stopped issue for years. So I bought another for back up.

Also you can take the old non vented cap and just run a duckbill set up to vent from inside or run echo tank vent from out side.

= stupid epa tanks and ideas suk sometimes.

They ruined boat gas tanks too. Boy that took some reading back in 2018 with my new tank and issue.

They want to sell you a valve you cut your fuel line in half to install. To keep it from locking up the motor during high heat and pressure of a non vent tank. Blows up like a big football with to much pressure inside.

All they did was create and new problem.

So I bought older caps with adjustable vents. Found one that fit and worked and stopped issue for years. So I bought another for back up.

Also you can take the old non vented cap and just run a duckbill set up to vent from inside or run echo tank vent from out side.

= stupid epa tanks and ideas suk sometimes.
The boat tank in the pic above is what I hook to my Honda generator for extended run, has a screw top vent in the cap. None of that nonsense.

That tank was basically free. Only paid ten bucks, and it came full of 3.5 gallons of gasoline that smelled fresh and burned just fine in the car.

I've spilled so much more gas with those EPA cans than I ever did before. Supposed to prevent emissions, but like so many things the .gov gets involved in, they only made the problem worse. Glad there are reasonable alternatives now.
Ventless cans are a joke. They vent every time you open them, just like the old ones. You have to be retarded to think this helps evaporitive emmissions or that EV emmissions form gas cans was ever a huge source.

Just so it may help others if ever searched.

Mine was a new Attwood 6gal tank for boat. They come with epa caps on right since all this nonsense started.

The non epa one on left that fit the threads and part #

Attachments

• boatcap.jpg
    boatcap.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 0
  • boatcapp.jpg
    boatcapp.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 0
  • boatcappp.jpg
    boatcappp.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 0
  • attwood.jpg
    attwood.jpg
    116.8 KB · Views: 0
Just to save here too. Here is their fix to the epa BS non vented tanks.

My fix was way easier and way they should be :cheers: :laughing:

https://www.westmarine.com/west-mar...e_demandware_net__WestMarine__products__en_US

Prevent engine flooding that is a result of new EPA required closed fuel systems.

EPA requirements for portable fuel systems no longer permit vapor emissions or ventilation into the atmosphere. As a result, these closed systems can build up pressure in the tank that forces fuel into the engine causing it to flood and leak into the water. West Marine Fuel Demand Valves (FDV) control the added pressure in these systems and eliminate engine flooding and potential fuel spray while connecting and disconnecting fuel lines at the engine. The fuel demand valve can hold up to 5psi of pressure and allow the engine to draw only what it needs without impeding normal fuel flow. To address similar pressure issues at the tank, we recommend the installation of a sprayless connector and fitting at the tank end.

Key Features

Prevents engine flooding caused by added pressure in ventless fuel systems
Controls pressure to eliminate risk of fuel spray when connecting and disconnecting fuel lines at the engine
Allows engine to draw at normal fuel flow rate
Compatible with ethanol blending fuels
Fits 5/16" and 3/8" fuel hose

Just to save here too. Here is their fix to the epa BS non vented tanks.

https://www.westmarine.com/west-mar...e_demandware_net__WestMarine__products__en_US

Prevent engine flooding that is a result of new EPA required closed fuel systems.

EPA requirements for portable fuel systems no longer permit vapor emissions or ventilation into the atmosphere. As a result, these closed systems can build up pressure in the tank that forces fuel into the engine causing it to flood and leak into the water. West Marine Fuel Demand Valves (FDV) control the added pressure in these systems and eliminate engine flooding and potential fuel spray while connecting and disconnecting fuel lines at the engine. The fuel demand valve can hold up to 5psi of pressure and allow the engine to draw only what it needs without impeding normal fuel flow. To address similar pressure issues at the tank, we recommend the installation of a sprayless connector and fitting at the tank end.

Key Features

Prevents engine flooding caused by added pressure in ventless fuel systems
Controls pressure to eliminate risk of fuel spray when connecting and disconnecting fuel lines at the engine
Allows engine to draw at normal fuel flow rate
Compatible with ethanol blending fuels
Fits 5/16" and 3/8" fuel hose
They don't last long and are a massive pain in the but. My uncle was selling them like hot cakes when they first came out, then just started deleting them, and adding a tank vent.

They don't last long and are a massive pain in the but. My uncle was selling them like hot cakes when they first came out, then just started deleting them, and adding a tank vent.
Yep when I read on them 50/50 chance. Plus they leak too. Imagine that epa BS failing.

Got a sign for that over bench 1.

cfssign.jpg

Latest posts

Back