Gas tank for motor

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

milkie62

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
Been gathering info on a new splitter build and been looking at the HF 22HP engine. Only problem no fuel tank with it. Any place to get a fuel tank and possible fuel pump if I could not locate it for gravity feed ?

Any junkyard that might have riding lawnmowers. And I think you’ll need a vacuum operated fuel pump. A small engine shop should be able to find you one. K up

I guess somebody with common sense had to wake me up. I have worked midnites for too many years. I know some shops with mowers in the back thanks Ed

Another thought is a boat gas tank. We have one on a 18hp Briggs at the fire station. It’s mounted high enough to be gravity fed. I can usually find one or two of the old metal ones at garage sales through out the summer.

Kinda thinking if you get the tank above the carb, you shouldn't need a fuel pump. Not 100% sure about that. But all kinds of larger small engines do it that way - motorbikes, ATVs....

Another thought is a boat gas tank. We have one on a 18hp Briggs at the fire station. It’s mounted high enough to be gravity fed. I can usually find one or two of the old metal ones at garage sales through out the summer.
This is what I did on my last build, then I could just take the tank(bunge strap holding it in rack) with me when it low instead of hauling gas cans out.

Back