gasket in intake port.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
056kid

056kid

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member
I was doing an exploratory on my new 2100 a fue days ago when i discoverd an obstruction in the intake port. It was a portion of the gasket about the size of a penny cut in 2 at Abes head. How much would this affect the performance of the saw?

056kid

056kid

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member
The gasket was still sealed. I would say that it stuck out about 3 millimeters. I pulled the gasket and made a new one last night. Are there any modifications that cane be done to the plastic intake manifold to get smoother air flow? It seemed to be pretty smooth but i am no expert.

whatsnext

whatsnext

ArboristSite Operative
Actually the obstruction might counter the leanness caused by the missing intake gasket. And, you probably saved some time not having to choke it. :) Still it's probably best to fix it.
John.......

HiOctane

HiOctane

Addicted to ArboristSite
. AS Supporting Member.
056 kid said:
The gasket was still sealed. I would say that it stuck out about 3 millimeters. I pulled the gasket and made a new one last night. Are there any modifications that cane be done to the plastic intake manifold to get smoother air flow? It seemed to be pretty smooth but i am no expert.
You should use an original gasket if you can get one ,im sure it will seal a lot better than the one you make and avoid problems by the way.

klickitatsacket

klickitatsacket

Addicted to ArboristSite
Winlock, Wa. under the shadow of Mt. St. Helens
if you want to polish up the plastic elbo; make a flapper wheel out of a 1/4" dowel. take a 1/4" dowel and cut it about 4" long and using a hack saw split it about 1 1/2" then take a couple of pieces of 1200 grit sand paper and insert into the slot. Put it on a drill and use it to sand the interior down When that is all done replace the sand paper with newspaper and give it a final polish. this is time consuming but does a very nice job.

056kid

056kid

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member
well i made a new gasket and stucker in there. Works fine. I want to get a velcity stack and one of thoes nice foam air filters, I will get the oem gasket when i do that. The intake port on the jug was quite rough. I'm sure that some pollishing would help. But that is getting in to deep just to do 1 thing. I would like to get this saw to around 7.8 or 8 horses. Think it's doable without sacraficing durability?