gasket in intake port.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

056kid

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was doing an exploratory on my new 2100 a fue days ago when i discoverd an obstruction in the intake port. It was a portion of the gasket about the size of a penny cut in 2 at Abes head. How much would this affect the performance of the saw?

The gasket was still sealed. I would say that it stuck out about 3 millimeters. I pulled the gasket and made a new one last night. Are there any modifications that cane be done to the plastic intake manifold to get smoother air flow? It seemed to be pretty smooth but i am no expert.

Actually the obstruction might counter the leanness caused by the missing intake gasket. And, you probably saved some time not having to choke it. :) Still it's probably best to fix it.
John.......

056 kid said:
The gasket was still sealed. I would say that it stuck out about 3 millimeters. I pulled the gasket and made a new one last night. Are there any modifications that cane be done to the plastic intake manifold to get smoother air flow? It seemed to be pretty smooth but i am no expert.
You should use an original gasket if you can get one ,im sure it will seal a lot better than the one you make and avoid problems by the way.

if you want to polish up the plastic elbo; make a flapper wheel out of a 1/4" dowel. take a 1/4" dowel and cut it about 4" long and using a hack saw split it about 1 1/2" then take a couple of pieces of 1200 grit sand paper and insert into the slot. Put it on a drill and use it to sand the interior down When that is all done replace the sand paper with newspaper and give it a final polish. this is time consuming but does a very nice job.

well i made a new gasket and stucker in there. Works fine. I want to get a velcity stack and one of thoes nice foam air filters, I will get the oem gasket when i do that. The intake port on the jug was quite rough. I'm sure that some pollishing would help. But that is getting in to deep just to do 1 thing. I would like to get this saw to around 7.8 or 8 horses. Think it's doable without sacraficing durability?

Latest posts

Back