GB bar ?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The orange GB bars are the Titanium bars, which used to look like the bar on the right The exact name eludes me at the moment and paint is all rubbed off mine. Great bars. A small step down from that is the Pro-top bar w/ replaceable nose, kind of like your Stihl Rollomatic ES bars. Below those, is your Pro-Cut, which I believe is like the Rollomatic E bar. Then GB has a hard-nose bar.

Chris B.

Give us more information.  GB makes laminated bars just like the laminated bars Oregon makes.  GB also makes a bar without the replaceable tip section that is not a laminated bar, and if that's what you've got it would be between them (laminated and solid-w/replaceable tip) in quality/value/whatever.  If your GB bar has a series of spot welds then it's the laminated bar.  No matter what, you should happily use it until it goes south.

Glen

the only info i have for this gb bar is what i allready posted it is a pro cut power tip with no replaceable nose other than that i dont know anything about it.

The GB bar you are talking about is a Laminated Bar from GB.
They are a decent bar and seem to hold up. It does not have the replaceble tip, and is not as good as the protop bars.
That bar will last alot longer than you think.
Hunter

GB hard nose bar

i baught a GB hard nose bar from hunter a while back, a hi tech titanium CN40 i think. it seems to be a good bar, im not overly crazy about the hard nose bar, but comes in handy in the river bottoms.
B

The Cn-40 Ti bar is actually and enclosed Roller nose bar, not a Hardnode. That bar is a really good one. If you look close, you can see it.
Glad all works well.
Thanks
Hunter

wow, you learn something every day! i thought it was a hard nose! guess i better look closer at things. thanks hunter for the info!
B

Latest posts

Back