generating business

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Getting your name out there.

We have tried every type of advertising you can think of to get only 2-4% response.

I firmly believe that you need to get your name out there any way you can, so when people think tree work they think of you.

Join the local organizations, ie: Chamber of commerce, Rotary, Fire department and do press releases to local paper. etc. This takes time and a little money but, you are in it for the long haul.

We have tried every type of advertising you can think of to get only 2-4% response.

I firmly believe that you need to get your name out there any way you can, so when people think tree work they think of you.

Join the local organizations, ie: Chamber of commerce, Rotary, Fire department and do press releases to local paper. etc. This takes time and a little money but, you are in it for the long haul.

I think everything here is true but especially the time part. Doing proper, good work, with a good clean up, and a name on the side of the truck. Over a few years your name will reach out.

I just built a website, hoping that can help out.

www.mysitemyway.com

I did it all my self and I am not computer genius, but they had it all layed out perfect. PM me if you are interested in it, I think I can get you a better rate then the 14.95 a month too, because its a referral.

Does anybody have exp.with bulk mailings,targeted neighborhoods,not entire zip codes? If so could you please post your experience here.what it cost everything included,method of sorting etc. etc.and what % response you had? Thanks

Try walking door to door, this method of generating business is "Primo", you cannot go wrong, because if you dont want to knock then just continue to walk. We have had great results, you wouldn't believe the results, so I will spare you the details. Try it, and remember your a salesperson while you do this so look like one and try to be the most pleasant person who ever knocked at that door. Big smile can go a mile! Its awesome exercise,
you will be pleased with the results my friend. Good luck! Pay it forward

Door knocking thing is out for me since i advertise heavaly against it.Beware of door knockers.
Might work in some parts of country but not to good in south.Unless storm related.

Does anybody have exp.with bulk mailings,targeted neighborhoods,not entire zip codes? If so could you please post your experience here.what it cost everything included,method of sorting etc. etc.and what % response you had? Thanks

I'll second that. I do slightly different work then most of you here, I do ecological consulting and native landscaping. There are several neighborhoods around here that have fairly "natural" back yards which (I think) could use my services. I would love to target these folks with a simple, personalized message for their neighborhood.

I just learned yesturday that vistaprint.com does post cards and you can even buy bulk mailing address.

Just a thought.

Pass on the good word.

I just learned yesturday that vistaprint.com does post cards and you can even buy bulk mailing address.

Just a thought.

Pass on the good word.

There's much better pricing available from smaller companies. I used to use PSPrint.com which is based out of West Oakland but saved over $1000 using a smaller company called PrintHarmony.com

So a little research when getting stuff printed. Some places like PSPrint and Vista Print are convenient but often have higher pricing.

There's much better pricing available from smaller companies. I used to use PSPrint.com which is based out of West Oakland but saved over $1000 using a smaller company called PrintHarmony.com

So a little research when getting stuff printed. Some places like PSPrint and Vista Print are convenient but often have higher pricing.

Thanks for the info.

I was just looking at Harmony's website. How is there pricing to the bay area. Is all the printing done in London?

Thanks again,

Mike

Thanks for the info.

I was just looking at Harmony's website. How is there pricing to the bay area. Is all the printing done in London?

Thanks again,

Mike

http://www.printharmony.com

Print Harmony is based out of Florida. Mailing costs should be the same regardless of where they mail from. Keep in mind that it will take longer to hit mailboxes if it sends from Florida.

Latest posts

Back