Gerotor vs geroler

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

firmwood

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Yeah, hydraulic motors.

I figured a 2 shaft is identified as a gear pump, while a single shaft is typically a motor.

Well, I have some odds and ends on the bench, and I know one is a twin shaft gear, so I'm going to assume it's a pump, the other 5 I have are single shaft, I'm assuming gerotor, or Is it possible they're just single shaft with a gear and ports on both sides? Regardless....

In the process of googling, I discovered the phrases "gerotor", "geroler", and "constant clearance gerotor", which I assume the latter is also the first, since the shafts keep constant clearance on the axis? I'm familiar with gerotor designs, but not geroler.

So I hit up Bailey, and ran into this snippet from a Lynn pump...

".... Gerotor design provides an economical alternative to more complex geroler designs..... "

This is where I'm confused, and discovered the word geroler. I googled it a bit, and came up with this.

imgf0001.png

I'm assuming the rollers float like planetaries, yet keep constant clearance?

No numbers, and rather not tear apart. I plan to plumb and use, but just curious.

Oh, this all stemmed from a motor to drive a wood conveyer. So it's on topic, right?

Thanks for any reference and explanation ahead of time.

Sent from my One using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back