Get well soon Brad Snelling

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey guys. Thanks so much for all the prayers and kind words. I'm doing amazingly well, considering where I was just 4 days ago! I came home on Sunday, just two days after surgery. I was able to shower all by myself this afternoon, put real clothes on for the first time, and Lisa took me to Costco and Sam's Club with her. I rode the electric scooters around while she picked up a few things she needed. Yes, I drove under the influence, lol. No retail displays were damaged :)

My entire colon was removed durning a 5 hour surgery. I'm sporting a shiny new ileostomy bag. In 4-6 months they will create a j-pouch. It will be bypassed for an additional 2-3 months to allow it to heal. Finally, the bypass will be removed and I should be back to "normal" 6-9 months from now.
Best of luck and a quick recovery.
I had an Uncle who have basically the same surgery in his early eighties. Six or so months later they reversed it and he lived another ten or twelve years. He died last year in May at the age of 93. Tom

Latest posts

Back