Getting in on the fun

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

casey v

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
I have been milling wood for the last couple of years with an Alaskan 24" mill and saws in the 65 to 75 cc displacement range. Works well on smaller wood and I have milled a couple of thousand bf of lumber. A few of you are milling some great large stuff including the crothes and burls which are just amazing once they have been opened up. So, I bougth this Husky 2100 with a 32" cannon bar to get in on the fun. I tore it apart, honed the cylinder, cut new gaskets, rebuilt carb, etc and it runs great. I will order some new rails (36") for the mill and I should be good to go.:hmm3grin2orange: Wish me luck.

Mike

I saw one on ebay a couple of weeks ago, it looked like a nice saw but I was unsure of the displacement. I myself have been milling with a saw in the 60 cc range. Just ordered a husky 395XP Im hoping to mill some bigger stuff myself. Cant wait to get it. Good luck.

Go for it Casey, nice job on the 2100 refurb. I too would like to see some of your finished work once you get to milling bigger stuff if and when you do, now that you have the power to do so.

I bid on a 2100 on ebay last week, but lost. It was for the better I hope. It was my understanding that it might have had carb problems. It was all for the best because I ended up winning a Stihl 066 with a 36" bar. Keep us informed and Pics. I'm all about Pics!!

Millin

Ditto on the mill options. You can always cut 24" Go big r stay home! All sizes are3 fun.

Latest posts

Back