Gippsland or victoria australia GTG

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Get Rudolf to pick you up on the way through.

Matt will have Wayne and Aaron.

Haha if only I had some time off for a road trip... a GTG would definitely be fun. Maybe the next one aye ;)

I'm sure Andrew (Stihlman441) would be up for it, he is in Geelong I think.

Way too far for me to drive, I'll have to crate the furniture polish up and ship it to you guys.

I do like the idea of a 'crap saw build off'. Those bloody Yanks are mucking around with those Wild Things and having a ball. Those Ebay 72cc Chinese saws aren't that expensive and a modded one might even be work out as a good second saw.

Heck, if a bunch of fellows bought one and all started modding them, we might be able to put together a combination of mods to make them an acceptable alternative.

Edit: maybe one of these - http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/PRO-72CC...52?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_15&hash=item20b3886cac

Last edited:
Way too far for me to drive, I'll have to crate the furniture polish up and ship it to you guys.

I do like the idea of a 'crap saw build off'. Those bloody Yanks are mucking around with those Wild Things and having a ball. Those Ebay 72cc Chinese saws aren't that expensive and a modded one might even be work out as a good second saw.

Heck, if a bunch of fellows bought one and all started modding them, we might be able to put together a combination of mods to make them an acceptable alternative.

Edit: maybe one of these - PRO 72CC 24" BAR CHAINSAW CHAIN SAW WITH e-START | eBay

Yeah a cheap saw build off would be good. I have one of those cheap fleabay saw but the the 65cc version. It is actually based on a RedMax G621AVS which is 62cc. Its not a bad saw for the money - think I paid a bit over $100 +shipping for mine. They are rather heavy for what they are... but the chinese might have something to do with that.
I am a bit sceptical about the 72cc on a 62cc frame though... there have been some complaints about this seller regarding the inflation of true engine sizes.

Edit: maybe one of these - PRO 72CC 24" BAR CHAINSAW CHAIN SAW WITH e-START | eBay

Trust me they DON"T even after porting them to get them to even run properly, Things like falling off them!!!

I wont say NO to some furniture polish, after all it is why I cut wood.

Last edited:
went ok for what it was until the oiler completely stripped, still havent given it a proper test after my first attempt at what im gonna call a bodgey port. looking forward to seeing it fail in spectacular fashion though, hmmmm should i strip it again and "lighten" the con rod:hmm3grin2orange:

iam in the gull as well.

have to have a GTG then!!!

I know where there are about 300 stringy barks down that we could convert to fire wood or other stuff for the property owner!!! if we so desired, and there are some nice spots within a short drive! and I know blokes off other forums and such that would get involved.

well name a time and place then and as long as its not cod opening weekend in dec ill be there

went ok for what it was until the oiler completely stripped, still havent given it a proper test after my first attempt at what im gonna call a bodgey port. looking forward to seeing it fail in spectacular fashion though, hmmmm should i strip it again and "lighten" the con rod:hmm3grin2orange:

LOL.... yep nothing like throwing a leg out of bed in spectacular fashion!!!!

a friend of mine has just got a new property that has 32 cypruss trees that need to come down, might be a job for an excavator/dozer rather than a team of saw though!

Back