Gippsland or victoria australia GTG

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
a friend of mine has just got a new property that has 32 cypruss trees that need to come down, might be a job for an excavator/dozer rather than a team of saw though!

I got a saw big enough for cypresses!!!

LOL at the fin bit randy!!!

ill shave every second fin to start with so it will do a test cut or two, the other fins can always be shaved with a hammer on the day if we feel nessasary

I have seen that on race saws, but they only run a minute or so at a time, that blow up project will definately benefit from a lightened flywheel without all that air drag.

You have no idea how much my sides are aching right now!!! LOL just doesn't do it. I could just imagine frying an egg on that nice green top cover!!!!

ill shave every second fin to start with so it will do a test cut or two, the other fins can always be shaved with a hammer on the day if we feel nessasary

A screwdriver or scrench through the side cover would probably do it.!!!

Hmm, you guys just made me realise something. The fins on the flywheel will only drain power if they are pushing air.

Seems like a quick mod for a race could be to duct tape up the inlets to the flywheel housing - no air, no drag.

Hmm, you guys just made me realise something. The fins on the flywheel will only drain power if they are pushing air.

Seems like a quick mod for a race could be to duct tape up the inlets to the flywheel housing - no air, no drag.

doesn't lighten the flywheel though!!!

We will need a video of you doing just that.

4 sure if we can make the GTG happen!

maybe the plastic it rips out will make up for some of the removed fins!

Still reckon everyone should get a 72cc Baumr ag off ebay for the occasion! see who can make one last the longest! mine has at least 20 hrs hard labor on it already!

rough dates lets say september?

Count me in gents. Have only just seen this thread :)

I reckon we should all get an ebay saw (the 72cc one) and fiddle em as best we can and see whos lasts the longest.

sort of like a AS crap saw comp

I'll supply a Chinese 365. We can run it on Terry's Vodka. Will probably have a 100% power increase.

Matt will have Wayne and Aaron.

Wayne can sit in the back of the ute while Aaron and I drink beer and drive down. Unless Wayne brings his cappucino machine :)
We'll need a bloody trailer that's for sure. I'll take the work ute and will supply tandem trailer.

a friend of mine has just got a new property that has 32 cypruss trees that need to come down, might be a job for an excavator/dozer rather than a team of saw though!

I'm in :D Excavators and dozers??? Wash your mouth out!

Weiner, the hammer is faster, less down time.

Dear Randy,
This is an Australian members only thread. Although your input has been wise, accurate, and well received (I even liked a couple of your comments), please go and look for a GTG thread relevant to your own country to interrupt.
Thankyou Randy.
Matt

Anyway, back to it fellow Aussies and please don't "like" anymore of Randy's posts. He'll go away eventually...

Ok not to put any pressure on anyone to extract a digit on my account.

I am in Townsville about 2800 to 3400 klms from werribee.

That said Me SWMBO and billy lids will be jumping in the dunny door at 5am saturday the 18th of june and be in werribee at approx 7pm 19th of june.
. Warnambool for a couple of days
. Tutankhamen at Melbourne museum
.GTG pick a date please be for SWMBO has me doing, god knows what
The return trip is a leisurely affair Sunday 3rd July 2pm knock on MCW door to see if he is home.
Monday 4th july Bourke
Tuesday 5th July Longreach
Australian Stockman's Hall of Fame
Qantas Founders Outback Museum
Wednesday 6th July
Lark Quarry Dinosaur Trackways
Richmond kronosuarus corner
Hughenden
Thursday 7th July
Back to Townsville

I can probably bring my own PPE but there be no room for saws on this trip trough the back blocks

That said Me SWMBO and billy lids will be jumping in the dunny door at 5am saturday the 18th of june and be in werribee at approx 7pm 19th of june.
The return trip is a leisurely affair Sunday 3rd July 2pm knock on MCW door to see if he is home.
Monday 4th july Bourke
Wednesday 6th July
Hughenden
Thursday 7th July
Back to Townsville

I can probably bring my own PPE but there be no room for saws on this trip trough the back blocks

Who said we were going to werribee? go the other way from melbourne to WARRAGUL (we got lots more trees than werribee!!!)

You can use my ebay saw!

Monday 4th july Bourke
Wednesday 6th July
Hughenden
Thursday 7th July
Back to Townsville

july might be a bit short notice for other folks to book time off but if it can be done lets do it!!!

Dear Randy,
This is an Australian members only thread. Although your input has been wise, accurate, and well received (I even liked a couple of your comments), please go and look for a GTG thread relevant to your own country to interrupt.
Thankyou Randy.
Matt

Anyway, back to it fellow Aussies and please don't "like" anymore of Randy's posts. He'll go away eventually...

Hah ha ha
I just stickied you bastards.

Matt I was in a rural supply emporium with a green background white letter and a orange swish on Wednesday and noticed they were flogging ... I mean stockest of the Hitachii range of gas powered farm implements

Monday 4th july Bourke
Wednesday 6th July
Hughenden
Thursday 7th July
Back to Townsville

slightly ot but if your coming all the way to werribee be sure to check out the open range zoo well worth a visit

Back