Gippsland or victoria australia GTG

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can possibly supply the venue...Got plenty of logs here to cut.

Im in Drouin

Im interested i will supply the bar oil and possibly an excavator to pick up the logs.:hmm3grin2orange:

Im interested i will supply the bar oil and possibly an excavator to pick up the logs.:hmm3grin2orange:

If only I was closer to you, haven't run an excavator for a while and my saws could do with a good work out...

Yeah he was a serial poster. Maybe he finally tried a Husky 390XP and isn't game to show his face here anymore after selling his 660?

Hahaha, I will have to try a 390xp to see what they are all about.

Did you end up finding a donor saw for your 660bb kits? there is a 066 on fleabay and looks reasonable.

i would love a 390xp to go with the 372. :hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange:

i hate you CAD:msp_mad::msp_mad:

Or maybe his internet is down.

The nieghbour had static and no net

Telstra sent "silcar" to fix the line but they had not report of no net.

I found out after about a week and set him up with a spare modem while they waited for telstra to ship them a new one.
Ted was happy as his misses uses the net to do the payroll etc for thier small cleaning bussiness.

This week end I lost the net and after going through all of my stuff.
I went out to the PMG pit and pulled the capsule thet the cable is joined in.
Opened it drained the water and left it in the sun for half a day.
The net was working again and I greases up the seal on the capsule and put it back in the pit.
I could have been waiting days for them to come and look at it.

(I am a registered cabeller/austel ticket)

Hahaha, I will have to try a 390xp to see what they are all about.

Did you end up finding a donor saw for your 660bb kits? there is a 066 on fleabay and looks reasonable.

One day you can have a crack on mine Rudy :) Nah no donor saw yet but have had half a dozen more kits come in. Waiting...
Waiting...

i would love a 390xp to go with the 372. :hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange:

i hate you CAD:msp_mad::msp_mad:

No flies on the 372's but the 390XP's are in the next league. Unless you're running a well ported 372 against a stock 390, then there isn't much in it :D

Or maybe his internet is down.

The nieghbour had static and no net

Telstra sent "silcar" to fix the line but they had not report of no net.

I found out after about a week and set him up with a spare modem while they waited for telstra to ship them a new one.
Ted was happy as his misses uses the net to do the payroll etc for thier small cleaning bussiness.

This week end I lost the net and after going through all of my stuff.
I went out to the PMG pit and pulled the capsule thet the cable is joined in.
Opened it drained the water and left it in the sun for half a day.
The net was working again and I greases up the seal on the capsule and put it back in the pit.
I could have been waiting days for them to come and look at it.

(I am a registered cabeller/austel ticket)

Good stuff. It sometimes pays to do things yourself if you need them done and done properly. I've been having internet trouble here too. The odd night when I haven't been on AS is normally when our ADSL is down. Not sure why and I haven't chased it up. I don't mind escaping from the internets occasonially :)

Last Activity: 08-05-2011 11:02 PM

Was thinking the same thing the other night and it has been a while.

David, I re-cabled the house here. Helps to know a few ex and current techs :monkey:

Hell, i wouldn't have ADSL if I didn't as a last resort pull in a few favours.
Telstra kept saying we couldn't have ADSL, firstly as "no ports available" except I'd already been on Telstra Wholesale's site and there were over 40 ADSL 1 and 50 ADSL 2 ports as of the previous week. It went from there.......
It took several months and I don't know how many calls, emails, etc and not just from me but from within the corporation itself. If I was going through a wholesaler i would have had Buckleys.

Upshot was the line plan still showed loading coils which didn't exist creating too great a loss when they took a snapshot of the line.

Rick

I was on dial up as adsl was not available.
I never got anywhere

Local council alderman was a science teacher at high school, only met him once but ADSL was a passion of his and he gave me a phone number and name of a telstra regional manager.

I rang the guy told him the situation, that I was a cabler, and asked if anyone had ever got up of there rear ends and actually tested the line.

He rang me back the next day, records say it was not posible, Said he would get a tech out to check the line and for me to ring him back if I did not hear from him with in three days.

He rang me back two days later, records were outa date but line tested ok after tech had straightened out some wiring at the RIM.
The manager asked me to apply for adsl with the provider of my choise.

I dont know what happened to the manager but they probably got rid of him for not selling me a telstra product.

The alderman lost the next council election to a weasel who has never done anything for the locals I can think of bu t he is now the deputy mayor, were are but a stepping stone , his political fortune awaits him in federal politics

The previous company I worked for was in ADSL no man's land. We were 1km one way off the next exchange and too far from the exchange we were hooked to. The bosses' wife got stuck into Telstra one day and sure enough a booster was added to the line somewhere that doubled the ADSL range. We were a full 8mbps after that instead of poor dialup with 8 computers running off it and a lot of other nearby houses were happy too. Not sure of the cost but to stop my bosses' wife heading down the warpath Telstra would have paid anything :D

I was surprised that when a line test is done, the line isn't physically tested at all, just all the accumulated theoretical losses from pit to pit/pillar/junction, I think it's down to an allowed 45dB total loss now ?

There are two lines running up either side of the highway here back to the exchange in town (we're right on the limit @ 8km away)
Luckily I'm on the old cable, the new grease filled one one has miles too much loss. :dizzy:

Latest posts

Back