Give it to me straight on ported saws 346xp DD

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Very interesting. The 191 remains more available than the 199 for some reason. I guess I jumped to conclusions. Do you know if the 191 suffers from the same flap valve issues?Being a heated saw model, does it have a larger jet?

I just know that the 191 basically is the same carb as the 199, and as far as I know it suffers from the same (correctable) issue. However, I don't know the details about what is different between them, except that the 191 has to be compatible with a heating element.

This is just a guess but from my experience on older heated handle saws (630V in particular) they fitted a larger flowing carb to make up for the drag on the engine of the alternator when under load. Again just a guess...I've only replaced the 199s with the Zamma carb on non-heated saws.

Look up treemonkey I think Scott is up in that area, probably a couple others. You have a great saw, that should be fixed right.

Depending on where in MN the OP is, Scott isn't too far. That's probably who I'd take it to. That guy knows his stuff.

@codygary, Scott goes by @crabby cooter on here. Not sure how often he's on though. If you start a conversation with @redbull660, he'll be able to get you in touch.

Ive ported quite a few 372s a few 440s a few 66s
These saws all ended up leaving me. They all still run cutting firewood. I do just basic exhaust and intake widening and bump the transfers alittle. I opended uo the transfers in one of pistons but i cant recall what saw or where that one went.

Have fun with it and dont worry keep her tuned and shel live a long life.
I always wanted a 346 to play with but one never came my way

Good to see you still here mastermind

Latest posts

Back