glad i didnt do a job.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

treeman82

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
i do the tree work for a small orthodox synagogue. they have lots of lawyers, doctors, and entertainers as members. anyways. they had me cut down about 5 trees on one side of a building. they then wanted the stumps removed. you couldnt hydro stump them because of where they were located. only good way is to get em with a large backhoe, or a 20K lb or larger excavator. i passed on the job because i was afraid that if i stumped them with the machine, a wall that they were gonna put up would fail and i would be sued down the road. well they wound up having the stumps pulled for free. and guess what they didnt find? they had a large addition done to the building, and the builder forgot to put a foundation under a descent sized part of the building :eek: well when they pulled the stumps the part started to drop, and now you can see under some of the walls inside the building. good for me i didnt go and do the job. :blob2: anybody else have stuff like this happen, find really bad things out on jobs you have passed on?

When I started out in tree work. Could not wait to get my drivers lic. So I could run my own crew. Well I turned 16 & got my drivers lic. & go my own crew. 1 man or boy crew. ( myself )Sm. pick-up couple of axes , flat file & a list of stumps to chop out.I was told if I caught up with the removal crew I could work with them.

Latest posts

Back