Gloves

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Atlas Fit Gloves

thermal.jpg

This is the pair I've been wearing - I couldn't tell ya what the coating is on them :msp_biggrin:

Here are the gloves I use daily cutting wood or what ever I do

The web site does not say. These look like they are for colder climates, as they are thermal based. They look like they are wearing much better than the blue rubber latex finished gloves. I know the gardening gloves have the nitrile finish as it states in the ad. I will try these and compare. Thank you for the information.

Atlas Fit Gloves

thermal.jpg

This is the pair I've been wearing - I couldn't tell ya what the coating is on them :msp_biggrin:

Here are the gloves I use daily cutting wood or what ever I do

The web site does not say. These look like they are for colder climates, as they are thermal based. They look like they are wearing much better than the blue rubber latex finished gloves. I know the gardening gloves have the nitrile finish as it states in the ad. I will try these and compare. Thank you for the information.

Atlas Fit Gloves

They sure last longer than the blue ones why I don't have a clue; I seen lumber man at my cousins lumber yard warring them several years ago that is when myself and my Dad switched to them. I still have like 6 pairs left from when I bought I think a dozen pairs (my cousin sells them at there lumber yard) :msp_w00t:

003-2.jpg

I tried a pair of these cotton gloves with the rubber/vinyl/butyl/latex (I assume it is some synthetic blend of some of these) faced gloves from Wells Lamont. I have to say they are very comfortable, and work well, especially when handling wet wood.

Unfortunately, they didn't actually last much longer for me. Here is my left glove at the end of my second cord of wood sawed, split, carried, and stacked. It cracked in the notch between thumb and fore finger and then the coating separated from the fore finger. No surprise I guess, I am still wearing out the left gloves first. But, these will not really work if I turn one inside out like I have been doing with my leather gloves. I'll probably try a couple other brands, and look for some of the referenced Atlas brands.

257098d1350153111-rubber-face-glove-jpg

View attachment 257098
Thanks

Last edited:
Jere, if they're not too loose on your hand to work well, try one size larger with the dipped gloves (any flavor). Too tight of a fit will cause them to stretch and split early like your pic shows. Sometimes it's hard to find a good balance between fit and wear.

Back