Going to look at a stihl 066 tomorrow

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Talked to him again and we are meeting in the morning. He said the 066 is all original and never been took apart and has great compression. But he said the tank got cracked before he had it and he said he fixed it with jbweld or something like that. he said it won't leak and hasn't leaked since then. What do you guys think about that. I told him I wanted to look it over real good and he said he didn't blame me
Thought it had a new cylinder put on? Never been took apart? Something seems fishy

He
Thought it had a new cylinder put on? Never been took apart? Something seems fishy
He was also selling a 064 and that was the one he had a 066 top end put on it and he sold it the other day. He says the 066 magnum is all original and in good shape except for the patched gas tank. We'll see in the morning I guess

If the tank is busted up good that may be a little more in your favor of getting a deal.

i'd be very careful, selling two saws with replaced jugs, cracked tank, could be a saw jockey picking up old logging saws and patching them up and turning them for a buck, a new oem jug,piston,rings and rod bearing are going to set the average guy back 325.00.

Back