Golden Deodor Cedar with webs on the end

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grayer

Reaction score
I have three golden deodor cedars and they are not surviving. One of them I replaced in March and it appears to be losing all of its needles while the other two I have had for over a year and they are having a difficult time producing any needles. I've notice a web like material on the ends of the branches and thought the trees were infected with spiders so I spayed them with ortho. However the trees are not improving and was wondering if anyone had suggestions on how to improve the health of the trees. I live in central Oklahoma.

Thanks

Pictures would help...u may have made it worse by spraying the webbing. Working on the assumption that webbing = mites can be a mistake. MANY spiders are predators that keep mites in check. Eliminate the predators, the "bad guys" go crazy. Truth be told, complete needle loss does not sound good, and most often does not translates to mite attack.

Could you get pictures of whole tree, that may give us more info? Are you sure the soil, ph, amount of sun,climate etc. are right for them in your location?

Check second photo background

It looks like you are talking about an inch caliper transplant that has thick turf growing right up around the trunk...a recipe for disaster for the trees.
Why aren't there mulch areas around the base to prevent mower injury, stray weed wacker damage, excess lawn fert...the list goes on and on.
Give them a chance before you start spraying pesticides with no idea why.

Trees Are Good - Tree Care Information

Back