Golf piston failure

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Read your post and thought that I should tell you what I told Brad a while back, the fellow from Greece (Dandrikopf) does not know squat about what he is selling and advertises Meteor pistons but has a little clause in fine print that allows him to substitute any other Quality piston for the one you order.Its a legal way of bait and switch and I have first hand experience with him. He also claims that the Stihl MS 440 uses a piston with a 10 mm pin because his supplier says so and that you can`t fault him because his supplier would be the one at fault,not him. However if you are willing to loose the shipping costs both ways he will refund the cost of the piston only.Not a good way to do business. IMO.
Pioneerguy600

Thanks for the heads up. I thought I remembered reading about that, hence the question about the greek guy.

Thanks Lake for the heads up at cheapstihl parts, I will give them a message. Ultra might be able to hook me up with one too. This 026 is almost mint and would like it to be a strong runner.

None of this is good news. My Golf piston for my 038 Super rebuild just showed up on Saturday. Now I question whether I should use it.

This may not be practical to ask, but can use the stock clips too?

The piston likely has the extraction slot already. They copied the OEM, but supply the eared clips. Go figure.

The problem I had was that the clip groove was too deep to use the OEM clips.

Howdy,
The issue we recently had with ours is that the piston pin clips were made from 0.8mm wire instead of the 1.0mm wire required. As far as I know, we had 5 or 6 of the 034 pistons go out with the wrong clips. We have everyone rectified (as far as I know) that received incorrect clips. I'm not positive but, I think Meteor and Golf are coming out of India. It's very interesting that the same type of issue arose on the same product. It would be interesting to know if it was the clip diameter or the machining of the groove.
Gregg

Howdy,
The issue we recently had with ours is that the piston pin clips were made from 0.8mm wire instead of the 1.0mm wire required. As far as I know, we had 5 or 6 of the 034 pistons go out with the wrong clips. We have everyone rectified (as far as I know) that received incorrect clips. I'm not positive but, I think Meteor and Golf are coming out of India. It's very interesting that the same type of issue arose on the same product. It would be interesting to know if it was the clip diameter or the machining of the groove.
Gregg

Very nice post Grande Dog. Glad you let us know about that problem.:clap:

Howdy,
Gregg

Give me a day or two to find my micrometer and i'll let ya'll know what the specs are on mine.

I ran across this place:
http://www.woodlandsaw.com/parts.htm
they carry Meteor pistons - anyone ever done business with them?

It took me a while to find my receipts and they have two different store names,one for ebay purchases which is timberline sales(1093) and the regular store name of Woodlandsaw.com/. I have purchased Meteror pistons from them and they are excellent to deal with through the timberline ebay store.
Pioneerguy600

I assume you're joking? If not, you don't want to buy from that seller. Read the fine print in the auction. You'll likely not end up with a Meteor. I sure didn't and the rings wouldn't even fit the piston properly.

+1, read my post a few spots back,# 18 in this thread and you may not want to go that route. Timberline sales AKA woodlandsaws.com/ mentioned by mattinky handles all sorts of Meteor pistons and they are great to deal with.
Pioneerguy600

Last edited:
Back