Golf pistons, yea or nea???

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

doc874

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Iknow i have gone thread crazy! Lol. I have read a few comments about the golf pistons but does anyone else have a thought on how good these are or aren't? Someone mentioned earlier that Klickitatsacket used to be a supplier of these ( used too?? ) was there a problem with these that he stopped carrying them? I know Curt Bailey has a few still listed. I was thinking of buying some for a Stihl saw i have or am getting to be more accurate.

Doc

I bought a Golf piston from Bailey's. Looks just like the original on my 039. Seemed pretty good to me, but I'm waiting on bearings to run it. Everything fit very nice (piston pin).

doc874 said:
Iknow i have gone thread crazy! Lol. I have read a few comments about the golf pistons but does anyone else have a thought on how good these are or aren't? Someone mentioned earlier that Klickitatsacket used to be a supplier of these ( used too?? ) was there a problem with these that he stopped carrying them? I know Curt Bailey has a few still listed. I was thinking of buying some for a Stihl saw i have or am getting to be more accurate.

Doc
Klick was the distributor for AIP, I think. They're different from Golf.

Ive got one in a 630 Jonsered and a Husqvarna 55. Im very pleased so far with no problems. I will most likely buy one for the 064 Stihl Im presently rebuilding. The only real difference I see is the single ring factory pistons come as a two ring in the Golf. I use the 630 most of the time and it is a real power house. Good luck Rick!!!:cheers:

Hi Rick

I think the two ring would be better but what do i know. I have bought the pistons ( golf ) from Baileys as well and will see how it goes.

Doc

Latest posts

Back