Good Books?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Remington0404

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hey I'd like to hear some opinions on books that u read and tips for ones that i should buy. I'd like to find one that: identifies the trees of northeastern US, as well as describes the growing habits, and discusses the diseases that are most common in the species. (I dunno if there is one single book that has all that) Also I'm planning on getting my certified tree worker certificate in 6 months after the required 18 months of experience. so if you know of any books that can kinda help me out for that. any advice would be appreciated
thanks in advance...

matt

I've found the National Audobon Trees of North America Feildguide to be rather useful, it does not really cover diseases, but the seasonal stages are well documented in color, seed forms, bark, leaves and territories, even uses of whole tree. I'm not an arborist so this may not be detailed enough for you, but I haven't come across anything better yet, so this will be an interesting thread to follow.

Insects that feed on trees and shrubs by W. Johnson, and Diseases of trees and shrubs by Sinclair. Cornell Press

Back