Good guy has bad accident, and needs your help

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spike60

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
A customer of ours recently had a pretty horrible accident while working on his log splitter. (Timberwolf with the large Honda.) The splitter wouldn't start, and he was trying to diagnose the problem. He did what many of us have done a hundred times: laid the spark plug on the cylinder and checked for spark. The problem with the splitter was that it was flooded, and when he pulled the rope he sprayed himself with gas which was ignited by the spark plug. Burned himself pretty bad and had to be choppered out. Spent a couple of weeks in the burn center, got some skin graphs. He's out and is going to be OK. He's tough and anxious to get back to work, but he needs to take it easy for a while. He is definitely a hard worker doing logging/clearing/tree service/firewood. Has a family of two young boys and a nice wife.

What he doesn't have is medical insurance. You can imagine what his medical bills for this mess are going to be, and how long he will be paying for this mishap. Our town is doing a benefit fund raiser next month with a couple of bands and such, but we would like to do something additional ourselves. So, I am going to donate a Husky 372 to be raffled off, and I figure some of you guys will want to join in.

Here's how it will be set up: The tickets will cost $10 each and there will only be 200 tickets, so the odds are pretty decent. We will have the drawing at our GTG on October 11. (He'll probably be there too) The tickets will be printed with the more popular 372, but the winner can opt for the Jonny 2171 if he'd prefer the Red.

Checks should be made out to his wife: Lisa Ryan.

They should be mailed to my store: Ashokan Turf & Timber
PO Box 237
Shokan, NY 12481

I'll fill out your name and address and send you back the stub. Please also include your username here on the site.

Other particulars I can think of. If a member wins and I have to ship the saw, I will cover the shipping but it will be PHO since the bar won't fit in the box anyway. To keep it simple, I think it ought to be US residents only, but thanks to any of you other members around the world who would consider helping.

Also, I will post in this thread as soon as we sell the 200th ticket, but there is the possibility that some checks could still be in transit. If that happens I will void the check and return it to you, unless you would like to leave it in the pot.

That's all of the details I can think of now, but I hope some of you guys can help this family out. Who's in?

Good for you guys, helping out this need!
:clap:

By the way, I've done the same trick with the spark plug and the flooded engine. I got quite the surprise and some short whiskers but nothing serious and no trip to the hospital.

A customer of ours recently had a pretty horrible accident while working on his log splitter. (Timberwolf with the large Honda.) The splitter wouldn't start, and he was trying to diagnose the problem. He did what many of us have done a hundred times: laid the spark plug on the cylinder and checked for spark. The problem with the splitter was that it was flooded, and when he pulled the rope he sprayed himself with gas which was ignited by the spark plug. Burned himself pretty bad and had to be choppered out. Spent a couple of weeks in the burn center, got some skin graphs. He's out and is going to be OK. He's tough and anxious to get back to work, but he needs to take it easy for a while. He is definitely a hard worker doing logging/clearing/tree service/firewood. Has a family of two young boys and a nice wife.

What he doesn't have is medical insurance. You can imagine what his medical bills for this mess are going to be, and how long he will be paying for this mishap. Our town is doing a benefit fund raiser next month with a couple of bands and such, but we would like to do something additional ourselves. So, I am going to donate a Husky 372 to be raffled off, and I figure some of you guys will want to join in.

Here's how it will be set up: The tickets will cost $10 each and there will only be 200 tickets, so the odds are pretty decent. We will have the drawing at our GTG on October 11. (He'll probably be there too) The tickets will be printed with the more popular 372, but the winner can opt for the Jonny 2171 if he'd prefer the Red.

Checks should be made out to his wife: Lisa Ryan.

They should be mailed to my store: Ashokan Turf & Timber
PO Box 237
Shokan, NY 12481

I'll fill out your name and address and send you back the stub. Please also include your username here on the site.

Other particulars I can think of. If a member wins and I have to ship the saw, I will cover the shipping but it will be PHO since the bar won't fit in the box anyway. To keep it simple, I think it ought to be US residents only, but thanks to any of you other members around the world who would consider helping.

Also, I will post in this thread as soon as we sell the 200th ticket, but there is the possibility that some checks could still be in transit. If that happens I will void the check and return it to you, unless you would like to leave it in the pot.

That's all of the details I can think of now, but I hope some of you guys can help this family out. Who's in?

Im in, I did not know who you were untill I seen the name of your store. Well I still don't really know but I did buy a 372xp from you guys abought 5 years ago when I was working in woodstock, Its still running strong. I will have my wife get a check out tommorow.

Latest posts

Back