good saw for limbing

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Have you had an opportunity to try the Stihl MS241 ?

I'm very happy with the one I have, its a great little saw, light and powerful

No i havent.but i did talk to the chain saw guy from oregon on phone.he was telling me that M tronic carb is having issues at least on the ms362.he said he has had 3 in the past 2 weeks with problems.he supposed to up load a video on YouTube soon.

An 090 is the most efficient limbing saw. You don't even need fuel, just throw it at the limbs.

!

no, not the... but certainly a....

as for the... in the world of perfect limbing saws... there are so many. many so close... like all these opinions here, but again... many and many are so close... afterall, all it has to do is cut wood... and by term limbing we are talking small diameter...

here is the... most Bestest limbing saw imo. I bought it exactly for that... fence trimming. I already have a 019T... its a heck of a limber, too... but as for the real deal... this one is definitely in the group of any that... 'cannot be beat!'. if it can do this for me, you can be sure it can do all you would ever ask of it... and love doing it for you, too.

the Echo CS-271T. imo, it comes as close to a fire breathing dragon, out of the box, feels like excellent porting work, tweaked timing advance and modded muf to boot as any limbing saw I can think of! gobs of power, and loads of torque! both ear plugs and head set suggested... and yes, that is right out of the box! user friendly and a workhorse to boot. they say a pix is worth a thousand words... well, here is a couple of thou... its not just that I like this saw, it has both garnered and commands my respect!

my Echo limber CS-271T just the other day...
P1010017.JPG P1010018.JPG P1010020.JPG P1010024.JPG P1010007.JPG

I totally :heart: my Echo CS-271T! if you get one, you will... too! it cut thru these larger chunks like a hot knife thru warm butter!!! indeed, it did!

Good Luck with your choice... let us know what u select... pix always welcome, too.

I have to say that based on Backyard Lumberjack's post and reading reviews that the Echo CS-271T is an impressive little saw and a great price point to boot !

550XP. SUPER LIGHT POWER HOUSE.... FOR A 50CC

almost 4 hp! not the saw I would want to be 80' up and doing some light limbing work with and keep it hanging off my belt as I swing limb to limb! no siree, bub!

$620.00 MSRP! omg... :eek: why an Echo CS-271 can be had for under $300... and comes with a 5 year residential use warranty...

the 361 is awesome, but so is the stihl. imo... but what I liked best was the camp fire! :yes: I have one daily even when its 99F out if I am working outside... had one today, then reembered it back up this evening...

enjoyed 'the movie' ! thanks...

I was fondling a 361p just today. Almost thought about checking if they wanted my 192 on trade but decided I better not. I have a hankering on a 421 although would I want a 421 if I had the 361?
:omg:
Dumb question of course I would still want a 421.

almost 4 hp! not the saw I would want to be 80' up and doing some light limbing work with and keep it hanging off my belt as I swing limb to limb! no siree, bub!

$620.00 MSRP! omg... :eek: why an Echo CS-271 can be had for under $300... and comes with a 5 year residential use warranty...
I hear ya. Im just giving my opinion. and as seen O.P. is going to get 50 diff answers from 50 diff people.

I hear ya. Im just giving my opinion. and as seen O.P. is going to get 50 diff answers from 50 diff people.

I guess a 'Limber' saw can have dif meanings... for me, seems 'we' are talking small diameter. but he may get 50/50 as u say, but I know from exp a well maintained small saw like my 271T or the 019T can handle stuff that my 026 saw would rather show off on... ;)

now doubt about it big or small a :chainsaw: ....... is like a hungry beaver when it comes talking to wood!

I guess a 'Limber' saw can have dif meanings... for me, seems 'we' are talking small diameter. but he may get 50/50 as u say, but I know from exp a well maintained small saw like my 271T or the 019T can handle stuff that my 026 saw would rather show off on... ;)

now doubt about it big or small a :chainsaw: ....... is like a hungry beaver when it comes talking to wood!
I dont have the experience or the will to climb, so limbing for me is when its laying on the ground. thats why Id pick the 550xp IF i had a lot to "limbing" under my definition. otherwise my 562xp is fine for all. even though it wears me out after a while. I cut 9 trees down ( and bucked) 2 weekends ago and I felt it for a few days. but i dont have near the experience of most so it take a toll on me.

so far i love this 545.i paid 530 for it with a 20in two piece sprocket nose.i think they made a mistake putting that 20in model bar on.those ones are like almost 80.00 if went with a 550xp would have been another 100.00

My lightest saws are a Stihl ms-170, Echo cs-361p and Husky 545. I would consider the 545 a limbing saw if you were cutting 24"+ trees. The 361p is my limbing saw, I usually cut < 19" trees. The ms-170 is for cutting twigs, seriously, this saw stalls completely in a 6" limb, it is best suited to 3" max cuts.

I put an 18" lightweight bar on the cs-361p to gain reach and it cuts through 8" limbs effortlessly. It weighs slightly more than the ms-170 and a lot less than the 545. It is my favorite lightweight saw.

Latest posts

Back