Google says YOU must own a Stihl

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TreeBot

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Try this:

Go to google and type your Arboristsite username followed by the phrase "must own a Stihl". Now hit the enter key. Next come back here and tell me WTF is going on.

That's a good one

Try this:

Go to google and type your Arboristsite username followed by the phrase "must own a Stihl". Now hit the enter key. Next come back here and tell me WTF is going on.

:ices_rofl: What I want to know is.... How does google know "I'M" the spendid one....LOL

Whoever did the coding for the rep bullets added in some code that would cause your browser to display "[your name] must own a stihl" if the graphic for the rep bullets was not found. Since the graphic for the bullets is found you only see the bullets.

The "[your name] must own a stihl" is coded into every forum page over and over, you just don't see it displayed. Maybe it is some sort of inside joke:cheers:

Funny though, if you look deep enough into the code it says "wanabe must own a stihl MS361 cuz his redmax sucks":givebeer:

Whoever did the coding for the rep bullets added in some code that would cause your browser to display "[your name] must own a stihl" if the graphic for the rep bullets was not found. Since the graphic for the bullets is found you only see the bullets.

The "[your name] must own a stihl" is coded into every forum page over and over, you just don't see it displayed. Maybe it is some sort of inside joke:cheers:

Funny though, if you look deep enough into the code it says "wanabe must own a stihl MS361 cuz his redmax sucks":givebeer:

DANG IT....Why does there have to be a logical explanation for everything:cheers:

Subliminal messaging??? That's the cause for CAD on this site!

Try this:

Nothing happened out of the ordinary for me. I typed "lectrocrew must own a stihl" (without the quotation marks). It showed results for 2 of the threads I'm subscribed to on this board. What am I doing wrong?

Subliminal messaging??? That's the cause for CAD on this site!

Of course! That would explain all those chainsaws............

I typed it in and it linked a couple of my posts, nothing too special. If I hold the mouse over my feedback dots," it says "teacherman must own a Stihl," which is true, but how does the machine know? Actually it doesn't, cause I think anybody's dots will do the same thing.

Oops, I guess some people have differnt text, like "WildnCrazy Guy must agree with everyone."

That's OK, just so long as nobody alters mine to say "teacherman eats fruit bats" or something equally random....

Last edited:
Try this:

Got a few hits - but got pages and pages when I clicked, repeat the search with the omitted results included button on bottom of page.

Hell, you want a good time, google Fish Beaver Lambert Chainsaw Llama
in any combo, good viewing and reading.....

Throw Tequila, ruminants, handcuffs, hookers, mammary bars, Amish hookers
in the mix, good reading/viewing all around.....

Google watches every Internet move that you make. It's the most incredible tracking system that has ever been invented. Reminds me of "Big Brother" in George Orwell's novel, 1984. Hate to date myself, but that's what we have--someone to watch over you. All of this was predicted 30 years ago and all of it has occurred. Gasp!

you always come up with some pretty good posts--thanks for the chuckle:cheers:

Back