Got a 346xp and a CS2171 what else could I need

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have my J'red CS2171 and a new version Husky 346XP on the way, what other saw could I possibly need? My youngest son has an Echo CS370 and my eldest has a CS440 Echo. I am thinking that the 346XP will cover limbing and anything up to 16" and the CS2171 should handle anything from 16" on up to 28". I would consider a smaller saw for limbing and chores, but I think with the performance of the 346 I may never pick up a smaller saw. I also don't think I can justify anything between the 2 like a MS361. I really am hoping the Husky will perform well up to about 14-16" and from there I'll get out the 2171. Opinions?

I like using my 338xp on the ground sometimes. Doing thinning work when your down on your knees in tall brush that 338 is nice and small.

066/660

I love my 066Mag !! It's not my first go to saw but a blast to run. It's great for ripping down those large rounds that I just don't want to lift up on the splitter. Also great for making curly fries for dog bedding and fire starter.

Or it could be that I have bcome a "power junky" and just need to justify.
Now if I could just get an 090.............................

Yes, and then he really don't need any of those Huskys.....:jawdrop:

Seriously, I believe the German made MS361 is the best chainsaw ever, closely followed by the Jonsereds Raket 621 (35 years older basic design -way ahead of the competition at that time).

Troll, are the MS361's made in Germany or USA? I looked at one but thought it was made in Virginia Beach? Are there 2 different ones?

Troll, are the MS361's made in Germany or USA? I looked at one but thought it was made in Virginia Beach? Are there 2 different ones?

The ones for the US, Canada, Australia and New Zealand are made at VB, USA - the better ones are made in Germany - different cylinders (porting/Mahle?) and mufflers.....:cheers: :laugh: :laugh: :ices_rofl:

Last edited:
I have my J'red CS2171 and a new version Husky 346XP on the way, what other saw could I possibly need? My youngest son has an Echo CS370 and my eldest has a CS440 Echo. I am thinking that the 346XP will cover limbing and anything up to 16" and the CS2171 should handle anything from 16" on up to 28". I would consider a smaller saw for limbing and chores, but I think with the performance of the 346 I may never pick up a smaller saw. I also don't think I can justify anything between the 2 like a MS361. I really am hoping the Husky will perform well up to about 14-16" and from there I'll get out the 2171. Opinions?

This tread derailed, you really need nothing, or everything - take your pick.....:cheers: :rockn: :rockn: :laugh: :laugh: - depending on your mood......

Back