got a new stihl. my cancer is cured. lol.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

josh1981

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Lets start from the beginning. My first saw was a stihl MS290 Farm boss. Bought it new 5 years ago from ace hardware. It was good for the first 1.5 years then problems begin (what!! Its a stihl! shouldnt be doing this allready!) took it to shop, fixed, fine for a while. back to shop, fixed, probelms again. I allways used fresh gas/oil mix, stihl bar oil, good bar and chains, clean plug and air filter. Took it apart last week and doesnt look good. Im guessing some bad parts from factory. I decided not to put anymore money into it, so I picked up a new STIHL 361 today!! I was looking at the 260 and 270, but guy said too small for what I use my saw for. Paid 609.95 plus 2 20 inch rsc 3/8 chain 20 a piece. tax wAS 45 so 695.34 otd. saw came with 20 inch bar and chain 3/8 rsc. Saw was checked before I left make sure it was running ok. I took it home and started it up (shaking a little bit- saw has so much power). Got familiar with decompression button a little bit and controls.

I am going to be cutting 30 inch or so tree that fell this saturday. I cannot wait to see how it performs.

what I like about it- pro saw, built better than 290 (NO COMPARISON), light and powerful, anti vibe is good

what I hate about it- NOTHING.

ANd now the pictures:

295.jpg

299.jpg

300.jpg

301.jpg

302.jpg

304.jpg

she is sleeping with me tonight, lol

306.jpg

310.jpg

Last edited:
Lets start from the beginning. My first saw was a stihl MS290 Farm boss. Bought it new 5 years ago from ace hardware. It was good for the first 1.5 years then problems begin (what!! Its a stihl! shouldnt be doing this allready!) took it to shop, fixed, fine for a while. back to shop, fixed, probelms again. I allways used fresh gas/oil mix, stihl bar oil, good bar and chains, clean plug and air filter. Took it apart last week and doesnt look good. Im guessing some bad parts from factory. I decided not to put anymore money into it, so I picked up a new STIHL 361 today!! I was looking at the 260 and 270, but guy said too small for what I use my saw for. Paid 609.95 plus 2 20 inch rsc 3/8 chain 20 a piece. tax wAS 45 so 695.34 otd. saw came with 20 inch bar and chain 3/8 rsc. Saw was checked before I left make sure it was running ok. I took it home and started it up (shaking a little bit- saw has so much power). Got familiar with decompression button a little bit and controls.

I am going to be cutting 30 inch or so tree that fell this saturday. I cannot wait to see how it performs.

what I like about it- pro saw, built better than 290 (NO COMPARISON), light and powerful, anti vibe is good

ANd now the pictures:

295.jpg

299.jpg

300.jpg

301.jpg

302.jpg

304.jpg

.jpg[/IMG]

You must have a darn cool wife to let you place a chainsaw on the carpet. Congrats on both the saw and the wife :cheers:

Congrats on your new saw, nice pics. Man that is STIHL loyalty to have alot of problems with your first Stihl and keep loyal to the brand and give them a second shot with another new Stihl. I would have gotten mad and bought a Husqvarna. Man I wish my wife would let me keep a saw or two in the bedroom.

Congrats on your new saw, nice pics. Man that is STIHL loyalty to have alot of problems with your first Stihl and keep loyal to the brand and give them a second shot with another new Stihl. I would have gotten mad and bought a Husqvarna. Man I wish my wife would let me keep a saw or two in the bedroom.

thanks. I actually have a stihl sh85, ms180c, br600, km55r with pole saw, edger, brushcutter, new fs90r. never had a problem with these.

Just my fs45 trimmer and 290. Guess I got the "bad ones" of the batch?

I hate to say it but you might be single because you have chainsaws in your bed and on your white carpet. Tell me you dont run them in the house????

Congrats and good luck. The 361 is a great saw. The thrill will never wear off, but I guarantee that before too long, you'll want a bigger one, like a 441. Once you break the 70cc barrier, anything is possible!!
:clap:

good deal,

that saw will take on the 30" wood much better then the 290

ANd now the pictures:

Josh,

Congrats. Kool saw. :cheers:

Oh, no dishonor in wearing PPE to bed with that 361. Just adjust the chaps a little lower than normal. :)

Cut in good health,

ole joat

Seriously!

dont forget to wear protection you might get hurt:biggrinbounce2:

Nice saw man:cheers:

He's not joking... When a 290 kicks back, its mild. When a 361 kicks back its like a mule, about 2x's faster and with ALOT more power...

Super nice saw dude!!!

Latest posts

Back