Got all my gear now!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not quite as many people killed and maimed from being too safe.

Realize how stupid it is hanging from a 1/2" piece of line cutting with a highspeed cutting tool running @ 14,000RPM made for devastating tougher fiber 20x as thick!!! Now, why would you not develop a skill/habit of a quick 2nd tie in etc.? Better to get slapped by that on the ground than 150th time up! Using that as an example, not a specific case.

i have always leaned toward reading on mountain and rescue in reading and some gear. i continuously act like i am on a shear face 1000' up. Always stayed tied in at least once. If swinging a lanyard around and snapping it in takes too long, maybe i haven't done it enough. Learn how the gear can help productivity and fatigue, after your done tripping over how to use it at first.

If you recognize 1/2 your weight on your lifeline and 1/2 on your lanyard, and pulling a leg of the lanyard (or lifeline) is a 2/1, you can confidentally see in a sec how to pull only 1/4 your weight to get to your target, that is maximum choice because of all other considerations of experience.

I Just realized The irony of this Topic I dont think any Arborist could ever have all his or the gear he wants anyway. :D

Back