Got an Ash hung up

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

boatman

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
We were felling dead ash yesterday and I got one hung up. It is about 16-17dbh, straight and at a 45 degree angle now. The top is stuck in a big Maple. The ash is about 5-6" at that spot 80 feet up the tree.

We spent at about 2 hours with a 2 ton come along dragging the heel back and forth 30'. Lifted the heel right off the ground and jumped on the chain. Hooked up a tractor and jerked on it.

It's still there. I am thinking about bringing a 12 gauge slug gun and showing that tree who's boss.

Or is there a better way?(7mm Mag?)

P.S. We don't want to fell the Maple. No pictures of it right now. Soft ground too.

Just put out an offer of a case or two of quality suds and one of the sites climbers might fix your problem.

Just leave it be for a couple days.

Hell. Tomorrow afternoon, the incredible SUCK from the Lions game in Detroit, will probably dislodge the thing.:cry:

If it's kinda small where it's hung up, it wont be long. Dead ash is kinda brittle.

I have had good luck with Brenneke slugs if ya get impatient though.:D

Stay safe!
Dingeryote

I'll be there today and take another look. Hopefully the wind has has taken it down. We will be milling the Ash on a Lucas today

Back