Got any "End of Week Musings?.......

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wife'nHubby

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Here's mine:

Musing #1: Frost tonight (unbelievable!)! Fireplace is burning... Will summer ever come?

Musing #2: While bringing in firewood yesterday I found two red, un-nibbled-upon Mike & Ike's (candies) and a teeny tiny round red plastic game piece tucked away on a piece of wood 1/2 way inside my wood pile. I wonder what little critter is attracted to 'red' items and is using my wood pile as a storage unit?

Musing #3: We had a doozer of a storm rush through here this week. I read there were 4,500 lightning strikes in SE Wisconsin from that storm. More maple wood is coming my way courtesy of one of those strikes. Son #1 lost 1/3 of his maple tree in a storm this week. We will have maple wood up the yazoo for next winter.... Sure would be nice to fall into some oak for a change....

Musing #4: My "Pallet Fairy" (a good friend) dropped off more pallets for my wood stacking project. Really nice: I ask for a certain size and he delivers!

Musing #5: I have to shovel some road bond (gravel) tomorrow that I scored free off Craig's List. This will be a base for my wood stacking project. It won't be enough gravel but it is a start. Around here if you want gravel delivered they require 3 yd. minimums and that's too much for my project. I could haul it home from the quarry in smaller quantities but then you pay premium price because of the small quantity. I am patient and will continue watching Craig's List.

Musing #6: Mother's Day is a bummer since both our Mom's are no longer living. Our widowed neighbor lady has been busy with her children/grandchildren & great-grandchildren for the holiday so I walked over to her house and told her she is the closest substitute Mom either of us have. We will be grilling supper (using apple wood) over our fireplace this week and doing a 'carryout' to her house to dine with her. She is tickled pink!

Musing #7: Tomorrow I get to figure out how to install a new drive belt for the mower deck on our riding lawn mower/wood hauler. Never done that before - doesn't mean I can't learn.

Musing #8: Hubby is home from the hospital. All is right with the world!

Feel free to add your musing from the week....

Shari

Latest posts

Back