Wood progress so far

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

c5rulz

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Well thought I'd post a few pics of this years progress and or lack of it. Weather was super muddy a good chunk of the fall then we got a fair amount of snow. One log landing has some real nice Red & White Oak, aprox 8 cord but has been impossible to access with the soft conditions. I almost didn't get out one time, a week after a rain. It's 1/4 mile off the road on a very steep logging road that is even hard to turn the pick up around on. I am ahead of schedule on splitting since cutting is behind. The golf course is starting next week on a whole bunch of ash that I will get. That is close and they will load my 18' trailer. My logger buddies have been cutting maple and other wood this fall, oak is not desirable right now.

The first pic is ash from the golf course cut earlier in the year.

The 3rd pic is a tote I cut down, can be hauled with pallet forks on the tractor. I had the brackets cut off on the pin on bucket and bobcat style quick attach installed. 4th pic

Last pic, Beau had a "play date" with Winston. They love to romp.DSCF0008.JPG
DSCF0009.JPG DSCF0010.JPG DSCF0014.JPG DSCF0011.JPG DSCF0012.JPG DSCF0013.JPG DSCF0015.JPG DSCF0007.JPG

Looking good Ron! Sure was a different start to winter this year. I was looking at pictures of last year. We had bare ground into the middle of January.

Hey Ryan,

All this snow and no snowmobiling up North. 3 weeks ago Cable had 40" and Hayward 30" when I was up there. Too much snow for ice to form on the lakes and the lakes connect all the trails.:angry:

Too much snow for snowmobiling. That may, in fact, be the damnedest thing.

Yup my buddy up North is real active in the snowmobile club. They have been asking for volunteers to "pack down the trails" to the frost will go down. He said it takes a very experienced rider not to get stuck. But as far as the lakes nothing can be done. Last few days with the warm weather and rain it might help pack down the snow. Before that there was 6" of water on top of the ice.

We’re in the same boat with snow. If you shovel down to the ground it’s often not frozen yet. And even small cricks are still open. We luckily built about 6” of ice in November on the lakes but haven’t added much since and slush abounds.

Many of the state trails go through swamps and conditions are treacherous to dangerous. They’ve needed to do a lot of packing down to try and get a freeze but the temps have been very mild lately so that’s difficult.

Latest posts

Back