Got bow bar mounted...pics soon to follow

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
pictures need to get dig. camera

I use a 14 in on my 036, for the most part but I have had it on my 044 and 066 when it was on the 066 I was cutting firewood faster than 2 guys could get it on the truck. Would really like a 18 in. for my 066 but stihl deal said it's only made for the 088. As far as the wizz saws the gear drive just doesn't stop they both have my large bows on them for bigger wood, but in Jersey most of the time 14in is good. Glad to hear you got it working it's going to save your back a lot of bending and the bow shouldn't get stuck like a regular bar would. Have fun and be safe. Hope you get a lot of years out of or bow.Tony

Thanks for all the responses, you guys are awesome. I'll try to get some video, if not a few stills of the bow in operation. Chaser, I'd love to give your 12" bow a whirl...but I hate to put it in the mail and at risk...since we don't liove far from each other, maybe we'll get to cut firewood together sometime. I like teh 390, I think with the 12" bow, it would be a lightsaber, in fact, I think if you can make it fit, you could get away with a 290 or 280. Very similar displacement to what yoru friend's 028 was. Other possibility if you don't have to have new, how about an old 038 Mag or 041? Lawn Masters, cool about yoru Mac 10-10 can we see pics? Tony, thanks for the info about your bow bars. I think you may could make an 088 bow fit for an 066. Actually, my 16" is for the 3002 mount(same as 088, 051,076, (090?). I really can't imagine having that much power behind a bow. I guess I have enough of the West Coast mentality that a big saw should have a very long bar and not a bow or short bar.

Bow Guide video

Well hopefully you guys can see it, it's a video clip of me using my MS390 and bow. I know I should have PPE so flame away, but other than that everything else should reflect good safe work habits.

Cool video. Hope you enjoy not having to deal with a pinched bar all of the time. You'll be wading through firewood like there is no tomorrow. They are a blast and makes bucking-up firewood extremely enjoyable. Be safe and enjoy.

Michael

Latest posts

Back