got ladder?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I couldnt watch all the accidents the first few were funny, after that my stomach starting to get weak ... I musta ate something bad for breakfast :hmm3grin2orange:

I can't even start to watch these fail videos. Too close to home. Especially when it's girls. Seeing some little girl bashing her teeth on a concrete wall…

First of all, I would rep you twice for this post and training video if I could.

The first set of videos (butt end of limb kicking out the ladder) are great for training, as they are 'not expected'. The second set (cutting the limb that is supporting your ladder), might get filed under 'Darwin Awards'.

Please explain to me the slide about the 'Three-Cut Method', and how this is different than you undercutting a kerf or notch.

Thank you.

Philbert

Great video presentation. The graphic consequences of a novice on a ladder demonstrated nicely by Mr. " I don't need any stitches."

If your heart can take it, check this vid. Don't fell a tree like this. - YouTube A couple of balding "bears", very much in love I'm sure, cut down a tree using a ladder and electric saw. Very lucky, no accident. Chew some antacids and read their video comment. They seem to find "pro's" a bunch of contemptuous thieves over blowing the dangers of aerial tree work.

"Most people would call in a professional, and a lot of professionals respond to this video with exaggerated claims of the danger we put ourselves in..."

The french love ballad soundtrack is criminal.

I don't see the need for the video ..... But I am no teacher and obviously we are much different people , Murphy deserves the respect of caring enough to attempt to educate ....

Thanks for this, I am still amazed that people will just start sawing a big limb with no notch or bottom cut, no rope, nothing, just saw.

As if the limb is going to hand there while they finish.

good video saw this this yesterday on your channel, as well as the others. i like the attention to detail and all aspects of tree care in the videos great job keep them coming.

Great video presentation. The graphic consequences of a novice on a ladder demonstrated nicely by Mr. " I don't need any stitches."

If your heart can take it, check this vid. Don't fell a tree like this. - YouTube A couple of balding "bears", very much in love I'm sure, cut down a tree using a ladder and electric saw. Very lucky, no accident. Chew some antacids and read their video comment. They seem to find "pro's" a bunch of contemptuous thieves over blowing the dangers of aerial tree work.

"Most people would call in a professional, and a lot of professionals respond to this video with exaggerated claims of the danger we put ourselves in..."

The french love ballad soundtrack is criminal.

Felt like I was at the dentist office with that vid.:msp_tongue:

Thanks for the vids Murph. Homeowners like myself need to be aware and reminded sometimes.

Kevin

The one at 2:26 is great, people just slowly come into the frame of the picture from different angles like mummies for a feast :laugh: They should have all held their arms up like the 1 girl:D

Please explain to me the slide about the 'Three-Cut Method', and how this is different than you undercutting a kerf or notch.

Thank you.

Philbert

NEVER cut out beyond the undercut... if its a small limb, cut directly above it..
If its bigger, cut a narrow notch for the undercut, and make the top directly above that..

NEVER cut out beyond the undercut... if its a small limb, cut directly above it..
If its bigger, cut a narrow notch for the undercut, and make the top directly above that..

I apologize for being so dense, but can you explain the 'why' behind this? Especially if the 'third' cut cleans up the stub that is left.

Is it more likely to split the limb? Just look ugly? Etc.?

Thanks again.

Philbert

you are still going to need that third cut to make a clean target prune..
cutting farther out than the undercut, especially just a kerf undercut is the #1 cause of saw snatch... I'd almost think it was some sort of conspiracy with the saw manufacturers, but in the end the people who still put that diagram out, 20 years after it should have been scrapped, are just plain ignorant... There are a lot of big names on that list too!

you are still going to need that third cut to make a clean target prune..
cutting farther out than the undercut, especially just a kerf undercut is the #1 cause of saw snatch... I'd almost think it was some sort of conspiracy with the saw manufacturers, but in the end the people who still put that diagram out, 20 years after it should have been scrapped, are just plain ignorant... There are a lot of big names on that list too!

:rock: Yes!

Back