Got me an 85cc saw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ain't no way u'r 385 can hang with my muffler modded ms390. That thing will pull a 32" in oak all day long!!!!

Ain't no way u'r 385 can hang with my muffler modded ms390. That thing will pull a 32" in oak all day long!!!!

I would think it Should blow that farm saw away. I noodled a few ash rounds this eve, At this point I have to say I'm not that impressed yet. But I will hold off any judgment till I buck some big wood tho.

What is the compression on u'r 385? I picked mine up used. It was good but not great. New rings, a muffler mod, and deleting the base gasket made it into a much stronger runner. If you want speed, anything under 24" can be handled with an 8 pin

ha ha. First time I read huskstihls post I thought he meant husky 390 and thought that would be a good race between a 385 and 390, but a ms 390. Come on now.o_O

Guess me and husky Dan were both confused. No smiley and all.
Merely suggesting an 85cc XP couldn't handle a 64cc farm model was smiley enough in of itself:D
I do know a few reliable guys who found their 385's to be turds. I have to assume there are some weak ones, or some years are different, 'cause mine is a whole bunch of saw for the size and weight, and can easily handle the 460's I've ran (in bigger wood)

I would think it Should blow that farm saw away. I noodled a few ash rounds this eve, At this point I have to say I'm not that impressed yet. But I will hold off any judgment till I buck some big wood tho.

Took the dolkita 6401 to that wood and it was a lot worse. Might just be the wood not the saw.

Been muddling bye with the 64 and 79 Dolmars, but coming up short once in awhile so picked up on an old 075 that helped, as things go an acquaintance was unloading an 084 so I grabbed that just a couple weeks back ( I'm afraid that CAD has become a permanent disiability for me) both the 075( 111cc) and the 084( 121cc) are running .404 on 36 or 42" bars. Got the 084 as parts will be slightly more available than the 075.

I had a 390xp with a 32" bar. I used it to take down 3-4 trees in my back yard including a 32" diameter red oak. It really growled and was a great saw, but it was too heavy. I'm just a homeowner who cuts wood to heat with (Lopi Republic 1750i). I sold this saw on eBay and later purchased a 372xp with wrap handle. I initially had problems starting this saw but after reading this site learned not to use the decompression button. Once I stopped this, it started 2nd pull every time. I really like this saw and it's a perfect second saw to my original Husqvarna 353. The 353 is about 5 years old and I've cut dozens of trees with this saw. This is my first post, but I've been reading this site for about a year and a half. I'll post pictures and more information on equipment I use in the next week or two. Thanks for all your posts - great reading.

Would that be a polish saw? Bought a new air filter for it today, damn, 30 bucks! This better rip. Weeps a little bar oil too, I hate that.
Normal,all Huskies and Jreds weep little bar oil.Consider it external lubrication!

wow, I may have to sell it as I spent the 1st 14 yrs of my life trying to get away from that name. (husky dan) At 10 mom brought me to the grown up store for clothes because they came in numbered sizes, not slim regular, or HUSKY. And its not going to be Stihl Husky either, well maybe.
Have you considered Lard@ssDan if Husky is taken. When I was a kid my clothes also came from the Husky department. . .I told my Mom that I didn't care to be reffer ed to as "Husky". . . my dad solved that quickly. He immediately said: Shut up and take out the trash Fat#uck!.
So from that day forward I have called Fat#uck. . . so, "Husky might not be so bad after all. . . :)

Latest posts

Back