Got my 1st Stihl Today!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KrayzKajun

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
my craigslist find today!
when i went to pick up the stihl , guy asked if i was interested in a Shindy 757 w/ 32" bar. both started on the 1st pull. well he made a sweet deal for the pair.

Stihl ms260 Pro w/20" Bar
DSCN2554.jpg

Shindy 757 w/32" bar
DSCN2553.jpg

thanks to Arborist Site: my collection has gotten bigger!:chainsawguy:
DSCN2559.jpg

Congrats on the purchase! You'll soon buy more.

Who wants another saw??? Me me me!!!

:byebye:

Nice Snag!!

260's are always a solid bet.

And as noted, Saws wearing a Fez are fun too!:D

Stay safe!
Dingeryote

I have a friend that has a 757 and it will cut right next to 70cc saws from stihl or husqvarna. Look ugly as hell, but run good. i keep trying to get it from him and do a bit of a mm i think it would really wake up then.

Don't listen to anything negative about the 757. I run mine with a 30" bar and skip chain...starts great, runs great, cuts great! It balances as well as one would expect with the longer bar - nose heavy. I occasionally run it with a 20" bar, but keep the 30" on it most all the time for the larger stuff around here. The air filtration on it is great.

nice score! ditch the 20" bar on that 260 and get ya a 16" and some yellow full chisel chain :rock:

They hardly balance well, with that huge "tumor" on their back! :givebeer:

The HD filter doesn't add enough weight to create a balance problem,,, What they look like is another issue entirely and a matter of opinion which most will agree they look a bit funny.

I've not run a lot of "big" saws but did give one of mine a pretty good work out with a 32" bar and full comp and it did fine by me. I normally run 24" on mine but did put 20" on it once just to see what it would do. Cut fine, but I've got other saws to use with a 20" bar.

After you give the Shindaiwa a whirl, I'd be interested in knowing what you think.

I don't think they're all that ugly when you put them in their natural habitat:rock:
attachment.php

Back