Got my first Huskvarna

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

383stroker

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Friday I was out at the wood pile cutting and splitting wood, my neighbor comes riding up on his golf cart and says he's got 3 trees he needs cut down in his horse paddock and that if I cut them I can have the wood. I've never turned down cutting a tree for fire wood. So yesterday I went over with the wife and kids and took them down and cut them to firewood length, the trees were a 10" cherry, and a pair of EAB devastated 8" ash . We had them down, cut up and site cleaned up in about an hour. He came out of his house and says that he was surprised at how fast we had gotten it done. He says he's got a few more trees that he'd like down, he shows me 2 more trees that are dying off from EAB so I took those down too and cleaned up the site. On the way out I stop at the house to tell him that we're all done, he says hold on and come out to the barn, he says he's got something for that he hasn't used in quite s few years and isn't sure if it'll run and that I can have it if I want it. So out in a dusty corner of the barn he untarps a husqvarna tiller. All the while he is saying how grateful he was for having me cutting up the trees and how nice it is to see a family working together.
I know it's no chainsaw, but for what little work it seemed for me to do I'm pretty excited about it.

I've already got a decent garden 60'x80' and a older troy built junior tiller. I would've been happy with just cutting up the trees for him, but firewood and a tiller major score. This morning I sent the kids over with veggies from the garden, some homemade pickles, strawberry jam, and home made maple syrup. I've got plenty of all of that.

Latest posts

Back