Got my new 346XP

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Big Joe

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Got my new Husqvarna 346XP the other day and finally got out of work in time to get some gas and oil for the thing...All I can say is wow...It is one mean little saw...I got it with the 18" bar and boy does it cut....Of course all saws cut well with a new chain but this thing is fast...I could not imagine having one beefed up from Dozer Dan or having it Walkerized...It is just fine for me....Look forward to years of use with it...Big Joe....

Just wondering if you tried the saw before he worked on it??? And if so how much of a differance know that he worked on it?? Would you say it is too load?? Just wondering...I know that mine is stock and has plenty of power for anything I will ever do with it...Very nice saw...Joe

I too have a PP346, but have not run a stock one. I can tell you that Walker's Saw Shop claims about a 50% increase in horsepower for a Walkerized 346XP over a stock unit. That is a huge gain. And it is probably safe to say that Dan does more to the saw than does Walkers.

I have a Greffardized 346, and compared it to my brand new 346, not broken in. It is at least 50% faster. Yes, it is an amazing little saw. I'm running a 20" bar on it currently, but when it is fitted with a 16, there is no stopping it!! The power band is very wide as compared to stock.

However, my Greffardized Shindaiwa 488 is almost as fast, and 1/2 lb lighter.

Do you mind if I ask how much it cost you guys to have your 346 XP's worked on...Thanks, Joe

Good point, Brian. Dan's prices are hard to beat on a new Husky. Saves you shipping the saw to him after buying it elsewhere.

Brian
I am glad that your saw had a safe trip.If I remember correctly,you were concerned about that PP346 out cutting your 026 with the modded muffler,are you still worried about that?LOL
Those little 346s do indeed have a unique sound to them after they are ported.I LIKE it and I LIKE it a lot.LOL I thought that the exhaust sound on 346-372 is relatively mild.I do find that after I open up the exhaust on the 385s, that they tell me right away, I forgot me head set again.They seem to inflict pain in my ears.
rb
Good point about the power band.It has been brought up on here before about the narrow band of the 346s.I really dont have much experience running a stock 346 (I hate stock saws) to see what they are like,but I can assure you all that there is no narrow power band on a 346 that has came from Ken,Dennis or I.
I have to go dig a few basements
Later
Dan

Brian,

Glad to hear your another happy customer of Dan's let us know how the pp346 compares to your 026 when you get a chance....Dan is right 385's bark when they get opened up..:D

Rob.

Latest posts

Back