Got My Snellerized Stihl 201C Back And Shot Some Video With 3/8 Picco PS Chain

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gsrsol84mm

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Found this rear handle German Made Stihl 201C that was like new and fell in love. Sent it off to Brad Snelling to have the muffler mod, remove rev limiter, advance timing, retune and open the plastic cover at the exhaust. Ran it today and what a sweet little saw. Ran it first with the Stihl Light 16" bar and 3/8 Picco PS yellow chain from Sawtroll's favorite ebay seller.

Shot video on 9" dried Elm with the 16" bar. Also have the 14" Stihl light bar and ran it with the 14" bar as it was getting too late to film. I think the 14" bar really goes to town and will shoot some film of the 14" tomorrow. Feels Like the 14" bar pulls stronger. What a great little saw, I had it buried in 17" dried elm with the 16" bar and it was great for what it is.

The 201C basically eats my 192tc alive. I ran the 192tc and had to stop and make sure the chain was sharp as it cut so slowly compared to the 201C. Will put a loop of PS on the 192tC and shoot comparison video with the 201c.

I love this little saw

Stihl 201C Snellerized With 16" Stihl Light bar and 3/8 Picco PS Chain in 9" Dried Elm

[video=youtube;Ak7vgc7YfJg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ak7vgc7YfJg&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Found this rear handle German Made Stihl 201C that was like new and fell in love. Sent it off to Brad Snelling to have the muffler mod, remove rev limiter, advance timing, retune and open the plastic cover at the exhaust. Ran it today and what a sweet little saw. Ran it first with the Stihl Light 16" bar and 3/8 Picco PS yellow chain from Sawtroll's favorite ebay seller.

Shot video on 9" dried Elm with the 16" bar. Also have the 14" Stihl light bar and ran it with the 14" bar as it was getting too late to film. I think the 14" bar really goes to town and will shoot some film of the 14" tomorrow. Feels Like the 14" bar pulls stronger. What a great little saw, I had it buried in 17" dried elm with the 16" bar and it was great for what it is.

The 201C basically eats my 192tc alive. I ran the 192tc and had to stop and make sure the chain was sharp as it cut so slowly compared to the 201C. Will put a loop of PS on the 192tC and shoot comparison video with the 201c.

I love this little saw

Stihl 201C Snellerized With 16" Stihl Light bar and 3/8 Picco PS Chain in 9" Dried Elm

[video=youtube;Ak7vgc7YfJg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ak7vgc7YfJg&feature=youtu.be[/video]

I have the exact same set up, bought it new, and sent it to Brad. I'm a little embarrassed to admit how much I have in it, but absolutely love running it. It's amazing what these little things will do with sharp chains. Thanks for taking the time to make the videos.

Okay, out in the general population, what is "picco ps" chain? Besides yet another attempt to divide and conquer?

If you mean 3/8"LP chain, why not say it? Why the ghetto-speak?

Okay, out in the general population, what is "picco ps" chain? Besides yet another attempt to divide and conquer?

If you mean 3/8"LP chain, why not say it? Why the ghetto-speak?

Picco PS=Stihl 3/8 lp full chisel chain PS=Picco Super

Sent from my AutoTune carb

Last edited:

I love this little saw

That modded saw loves the 12" and 14". There's no reason to run anything longer. Brad did one for me last year.

Thanks for the vid. I have the same saw with the 14in. B&C. I did the MM & limiter removal a la Brad Snelling, & Brad did the timing advance. So far I have only run PM chain on it but do have a loop of the PS waiting in the wings. It sure is a fun combo to run!

Glad the site is up and running again.

Here is the snellerized 201c compared to the stock 192tc

[video=youtube;q8jpN2baQ9A]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q8jpN2baQ9A&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Latest posts

Back