Got my Timberwolf TW6 this weekend..PICS!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes I'm 6'4" and the beam at 23-24" is way too low..I would prefer 30-32" That's what my Speeco is set at and it seems like a good height.

Yes I'm 6'4" and the beam at 23-24" is way too low..I would prefer 30-32" That's what my Speeco is set at and it seems like a good height.
I'm 6'3 and building mine to be 32" tall. It's what seems right to me...

How would you lay out the controls differently? I'm torn between putting off to one side at an angle or centered so I can reach them from either side of the beam.

I'm 6'3 and building mine to be 32" tall. It's what seems right to me...

How would you lay out the controls differently? I'm torn between putting off to one side at an angle or centered so I can reach them from either side of the beam.

Mike the way the TW is set up control wise is nice. Sometimes you "have" to work from the lift side...like when you're alone. when you got help you stay on the 'non-lift' side. get the retract valve too. most everything else is up in this thread as well.

good luck rollin yer own.

The hydraulic controls are set up perfectly IMO. Its the engine controls, ie throttle, on/off switch, choke, that are set up wrong. They are mounted on the engine itself, but the engine is mounted so the controls are on the opposite side of where you stand. This motor orientation presents a few problems. If you had an emergency, you would have to reach over the motor to turn it off. Also, the engine has a cooling fan that sucks in air to cool the motor. It dumps this hot air right over the muffler and onto the operator while he is working. In our Texas summers that's very miserable, not to mention the muffler is right by your right hand. By mounting the motor 180 degrees around, all of these issues would be fixed.

See what I'm saying?

I see what you mean about the engine. Perhaps with some flexible exhaust tubing you could relocate the muffler. It would not be too hard to rotate the engine / pump, but the hoses would have to change.

I am curious about the T fitting on the cylinder. One hose comes from the valve; where does the other one go? I didn't notice that in your other pictures. Is that for a pressure relief? I thought that was usually in the valve.

Thanks
Jerry

I see what you mean about the engine. Perhaps with some flexible exhaust tubing you could relocate the muffler. It would not be too hard to rotate the engine / pump, but the hoses would have to change.

I am curious about the T fitting on the cylinder. One hose comes from the valve; where does the other one go? I didn't notice that in your other pictures. Is that for a pressure relief? I thought that was usually in the valve.

Thanks
Jerry
It looks like it's for a 'dump' valve -- when the ram is retracting fluid returns directly to the tank instead of going through the valve bank.

I've had my TW-6 for almost a year now. The best setup is with 3 guys running it. I can get out 2-3 cords an hour with it. I don't use a conveyor, I just back a low profile dump trailer up to the table grate and go to town. When it gets full I dump it.

I agree Squint...the tremendous speed of the TW6 is negated if you are having to walk around to reload logs on the log lift by yourself. It's similar to shooting a semi-auto pistol that you are reloading one bullet at a time rather than a clip. If someone is feeding you logs its like BAM..BAM..BAM!!

BUT, no one says you have to run it from the opposite side of the lift... I see guys running theirs from the lift side...

SR

I like to stand on the lift side. It just makes sense to me. It would be nice if there was about 6" more space between the lift and the wheel but it works.

My boys bring rounds as fast as they can, but they almost never keep up.

It's pretty funny. I tell them they can take a break as soon as I have enough rounds to keep me going. Like I said, that almost never happens.

I agree about the lift hoses. One of the first things I did was wrap them up. I'd like to reroute them so they're out of the way completely.

I'm also going to add a gauge pretty soon.

I broke one of the lift hose's fittings about a week after I had it from a piece of a 40 inch round falling on it. It as an easy fix, but it still a design flaw. That's my opinion atleast

I can get about 6 cords done in a day on my processor with 3 guys... and its quicker than your splitter. Either you have small cords or really long days!

We split up a bunch of "gravy blocks" the other day with it. That's a round measuring about 20" diameter with almost no knots. You get it up on the beam, lift the 4 way wedge to max height, split that into 4 pieces. Then lower the wedge and then split each of those into 4. Talk about wood flying off the machine!! I would bet if I had a full day of gravy blocks and an energy drink I could probably do 20 cords a day with that machine. LOL

Latest posts

Back