got some free wood yesterday

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rftreeman

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
friend of mine called me and said he was taking down a large dead white oak and a red oak so I went over there and got this load for the price of gas.

it is mostly white oak and there are a few pieces of green red oak, got my work cut out for me now.

Nice load there. Free wood is always good, but white oak is top shelf, so that's an extra bonus.

Here's another free wood story. Guy came in today to buy a 372. Lives down near NYC and has a tree service that drops off loads of wood for free. They are more than happy to do this because down there it COSTS them $300 a load if they have to dump it.

Hope you're not splitting that by hand!:chainsaw:
nope, the splitter is in the background of the first picture or you can see it here that white oak had a 30 foot tall trunk that was about 30 to 40 DBH but I had no where to put it so it went to someone else.

nope, the splitter is in the background of the first picture or you can see it here that white oak had a 30 foot tall trunk that was about 30 to 40 DBH but I had no where to put it so it went to someone else.

Nice pile of heat there, maybe that nice stem will become lumber via chainsaw mill.

Nice pile of heat there, maybe that nice stem will become lumber via chainsaw mill.
they cut it up and rolled it up a ladder on to the truck piece by piece and dumped it at a guys house on the street where they were working.

better yet if they pay me to get it off their property
hauled some once and it was 3 logs (willow oak) 20 to 30 diameter 14 ft long, got paid $60 per log to haul it away, was pretty simple with my trailer and winch so I made $180 to haul it and then sold some of the wood and made another $100 so that worked out pretty good, I probably could have made more off of the firewood but I gave the rest to my disabled uncle.

Latest posts

Back