Got some questions about using rope - 9/16"stable braid rigging line...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
((((((((Ouch))))))):msp_w00t:
I know nuthin' and wanna keep it that way :msp_rolleyes:

I have used and still have this 9/16 double esterlon rope and it is a great rope, keep in mind cycles to failure, we all know what forces we put on our ropes ( or do we ) ? As for the knot to tie no question at all, and Im very surprised there hasnt been more saying Bowline on a Bite! You will always be able to get that knot untied using a come along, now if you use a jet liner and a Mack truck in opposite directions maybe youll have a hard time but will come un done! LOL I would definitely not cut the eye off. There are other things that might come in handy for, just be carefull pulling out of tight crotches. installing a pulley into the eye, for starters. Also you should bite the bullet and buy a good thick Tenex Sling with one eye and a clevis. Most people put the clevis in the eye of the sling. I dont , I wrap the timber hitch or stillson ( cow ) hitch to anchor the sling and put the clevis around the wrap part going around the trunk, much stronger than all that load on the eye. Take care of your stuff and will last along time, remember commons sense and cycles to failure!

Back