Got Started on the Firewood, back up on the Mountain....pics galore

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

morewood

ArboristSite Guru
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
I got started just over a month ago with my firewood collecting. It seems that the more I cut the more I need to cut. My friend tells me I have issues. Nevertheless, I have finished up a skidder road pulling and collecting all the dead and down worth having. I dare say 95% is locust:hmm3grin2orange: I have pics of most of it, but there are a few sections I didn't get pics of.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

More pics coming.

Shea

:rock: nice logs.. nice machine.. Thanks for sharing pics.. How big do you figure that tree was at the bottom..

More pics.

attachment.php

Anybody seen one of those hooks before?? Thanks Metals406!!
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

T-shirt my wife made for me. Need one Hedgerow?? Seeing as how you missed me at the GTG, something to remember me by.

Just a few more to go.

Shea

:rock: nice logs.. nice machine.. Thanks for sharing pics.. How big do you figure that tree was at the bottom..

That tree was pulled down in four sections, a guesstimate...approx. 75'? It was a blow over so I went up the bank and cut it at the base. My guess is approx. 18" at the base, lots of wood in that one tree:biggrin:

Shea

Fantastic pics.. yup that last pic is a keeper.. Good fire wood buddy ya have there. Soo.. Does he drive the tractor or the polaris?

NEITHER!! I leave the tractor up there when working. It is gated to get in private property, so I can come and go as I please. I know the guy thinks I am crazy, but I thank him every time I see him for allowing me access.

Shea

I love that dead and down stuff like what you got. The logs look like yuk in length form but look better in the round - and better yet split in the shed. Best yet in the box come January aglow with heat.

More pics.

attachment.php

Anybody seen one of those hooks before?? Thanks Metals406!!
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

T-shirt my wife made for me. Need one Hedgerow?? Seeing as how you missed me at the GTG, something to remember me by.

Just a few more to go.

Shea

Yes I need one!!! I saw you, but never got to yak at ya!!!
I need to spend more time socializing, and less time messin' with build off saws...
:rock:

Yes I need one!!! I saw you, but never got to yak at ya!!!
I need to spend more time socializing, and less time messin' with build off saws...
:rock:

Simply PM me the size, color and address. You want one for your boy? Just give me the info. I'll put Junior or Dad's Slave on it. Wife found the pic online from an old add. I have also seen it in the Chainsaw History book.

Shea

PS--No flat fields like that one I saw in your pic last week. You ever come out of the flat lands you can come see what it's like cutting up in the hills.

Last edited:
Simply PM me the size, color and address. You want one for your boy? Just give me the info. I'll put Junior or Dad's Slave on it. Wife found the pic online from an old add. I have also seen it in the Chainsaw History book.

Shea

PS--No flat fields like that one I saw in your pic last week. You ever come out of the flat lands you can come see what it's like cutting up in the hills.

PM sent... :rock:

Get one of these boom poles for that 3 point hitch and you will be miles ahead:

attachment.php

or, go big, and get one of these winches, and you'll never look back (figuratively):

attachment.php

attachment.php

or, go big, and get one of these winches, and you'll never look back (figuratively):

attachment.php

That is cool! I like the arch on it!

Not sure about the boom pole, I like my leverage close to the tractor because of where I cut.
attachment.php

attachment.php
This is what I want, but I guess it's outta my price range. I looked at a PTO driven winch at a big surplus store down near Asheboro (Delk's).....I have a busted up scrape blade and a supply of scrap metal, just not the time for now.

Shea

The boom pole was $100 from a used implement dealer. It would be a substantial improvement over the 3 point hook you are using. I see them for around $50 used on craigslist and in classifieds. Well worth the money.

attachment.php

Wood cutting buddy after a few hours. I am getting this pic framed, I love it.
This is all for now, hope you enjoy them.

Shea

That's a keeper for sure. Everyone should have a helper like yours, I've got one myself. In fact I should take a really nice pic like that, out in the bush with the little spud. And his little sister too, they sooo like the bush. Take good care of him, he'll return the favor someday.

The boom pole was $100 from a used implement dealer. It would be a substantial improvement over the 3 point hook you are using. I see them for around $50 used on craigslist and in classifieds. Well worth the money.

I think that anything that lets you pull the tree with the leading edge off the ground has to be better than just dragging it along in the dirt. The 3pt hitch boom looks like a really handy setup to have for skidding.

Back