Got the new stove today.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dustytools

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
We ended up buying the Pacific Energy Super 27. It is still on the trailer in the driveway in its crate. I will try to post up some pictures after I wrestle it in the house a little later on.

I paid $1800.. minus $75 store rebate and minus $75 mail in manufacturer rebate. You also get the $300 tax credit.

Sounds good - Thanks for the info - Gives me something to go by when I talk with the dealer.

I am thinking about replacing an old Vermont Casting Defiant Encore instead of buying a new cat and refractory rebuild kit, about 500 bucks by the time I am said and done, then I would have to buy the 230.00 cat every couple three years the way I understand it...

Kick'n around options

Bub

The Pacific Energy Spectrum I built the "stovace" from has the same "super series" firebox... that thing is built to withstand a nuclear blast!! I yanked the fire brick from the sides and back, then abused the crap out'a it last year... and the firebox is still arrow straight. I did manage to warp the flame shield in the top though... but the way I was running it, ya' sure can't fault PE for that.

Enjoy.

I got around to switching out the stoves yesterday. I forgot how friggin heavy the ole Vigilant was/is. Im gonna stop at TS on the way home from work tomorrow and buy new pipe to hook it up and Ill be ready. Stove 9-29-13 001.JPG

how do you guys get insured with stoves like that? Two insurances companys i talked to won't even look at me if i have a free standing stove anywhere in my house. A wood furnace,wood insert or fireplace is fine tho.

how do you guys get insured with stoves like that? Two insurances companys i talked to won't even look at me if i have a free standing stove anywhere in my house. A wood furnace,wood insert or fireplace is fine tho.

its called,,too much over edumacaaaation in the ins co offices...and people not putting tile in front of the loading door,,to keep the carpet from lighting from sparks..

your going to love your new Pacific Energy stove , we have a Pacific insert and love it

I've got the same stove, it's in my basement and have been very happy with it, 12 hours later it's still hot and will take off on its own again when I throw some more wood in, enjoy

I have the PE Spectrum and I love it. Only money I've had to put in it is to replace the gasket where the baffle and the air intake meet. A little pricey ($2500) but the wife had to have the custom color and custom door. If I remember right I think the base price was $1700. Great stove though.

I have the PE Spectrum and I love it. Only money I've had to put in it is to replace the gasket where the baffle and the air intake meet. A little pricey ($2500) but the wife had to have the custom color and custom door. If I remember right I think the base price was $1700. Great stove though.

I trashed my friggin gasket already and haven't even had a fire in it yet. I removed the baffle along with the door and firebricks to lighten it up a bit to move it in the house and on to the hearth. The gasket tore when I tried to put the baffle back in the stove. I called the dealer today and left him a message to order me a few.

Back