Got to love eBay

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
HA!

Just wait, you'll get people sending messages asking how they can put a "turbo" on their MS210 Stihl, 42cc Craftsman, etc. Of course they have no intention of buying your saw, but think nothing of wasting your time with stupid questions...

That isn't my listing, I linked it for everyones viewing pleasure! I made sure to edit my previous post to clarify.

Jonsered Rep said:
I am so glad my saws have a turbo.

Yeah, they definitely have the competitive edge! Just wait until Shindaiwa comes out with the twin turbo 757 later this year! :jester:

Hey, JohnsenReds Rep: Have they finished the R&D on the JR-Turbo for the Mac 3-25?? Are they now in production and available here in the good ol' USA?? I need three of them....

Boy-O-Boy, I bet those big cottonwoods down by Ute Creek are tremblin' to their roots!!!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I bet my xl-12 running on nitrous can give that turbo a run for its money!:hmm3grin2orange:

The "Turbo" name was introduced by the saw manufacturers. It refers to taking some of the forced air from the flywheel fins and routing it through the air box. The idea is to keep the air filter clean, not to increase airbox pressure.
The word "Turbo" in this case is misleading, maybe not unintentionally.
I'll guess there are a lot of folks who think their saw is actually turbocharged.

Mike Maas said:
The word "Turbo" in this case is misleading, maybe not unintentionally. I'll guess there are a lot of folks who think their saw is actually turbocharged.

Well, the guy selling the saw says he is a "pro logger" right in the listing. What pro logger has never been inside his saw? Hell, I just cut firewood, and I have my saw apart to clean it on a regular basis...I think a turbo would be hard to hide. Anyhow, you can see how false (or hopefully in this case, confused) advertising and a novice buyer can really drive the price up on something.

blower

I put a blower on my 362xpg!It has a carbide belt for less maintance!Needs to be changed every 100 cords of hard wood, 150 cords of soft wood.Painted that nice orange to match saw!
Ed

Mike Maas said:
The "Turbo" name was introduced by the saw manufacturers. It refers to taking some of the forced air from the flywheel fins and routing it through the air box. The idea is to keep the air filter clean, not to increase airbox pressure.
The word "Turbo" in this case is misleading, maybe not unintentionally.
I'll guess there are a lot of folks who think their saw is actually turbocharged.

Your correct the turbo name has nothing to do with air being forced into the intake. Its a catchy name meant to make you look twice.

a_lopa said:
i have an injected husqvarna

Old Unckle AAron had that once.

He'd been spending a lot of time down at the WHISKEY - The Road To Ruin bar in Logan, playin' poker, drankin', and foolin' around with some of the loose wemmin who hang around there....

I took 'im over ta see Ol' Doc Morrow in Springer an' Doc shot 'em in tha butt with a horse-needle fulla penicillin and gave 'im some pills....

Cleared raht up!!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Auction ended with Buy It Now. Someone with "0" feedback got sucked into the turbo-vortex.

I actually had a guy come in and pick up a Jonsered, look it over and ask "Where do they put the turbo?" He drove up from the city in his red turbo Saab, so he thought he had found the perfect saw!

Yeah, -2 feedback! Looks like eBay banned them...I am sure they stiffed the 'pro logger' for his money as well! Anyhow, $675 for a 372xp (isn't that what this saw is, just wearing red?) seems a little high. Deals can be had if you catch it at the right time, but auctions like this make you wonder - buyer beware!

Back