grapple truck help

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think im leaning towards a single. The other tree guys that have them here all have singles and the DOT dont bother them im town just on the hiway.

I had a tandom and routinely was overweight glad I missed getting checked. I know i was over many times after going to the mill with not even as big of load as I had loaded in the past and was 3 ton over! I'm glad I sold it because here I'm 30 mins from town and always wanted to finish the job so did not kill time and was just a matter of time before my luck ran out. If I ever get grapple again it will be a dump trailer grapple that will pull behind my bucket.

that truck on FB is a nice setup has the right wheel base too a lot of trucks have that rear axle up farther so the weight is not distributed very well. based on your budget your pretty much stuck to either very well used tandems or a single set up if I were you I would jump on that truck before somebody else grabs it she's purdy

I saw a grapple trailer working Friday on the side of route 70 towards LBI grabbing up 20ft or so pine logs , granted they were match sticks but that grapple moves lightning fast and can grab them almost 15 ft from the trailer , I mean I was jealous for a minute , sat there and watched the guy til the trailer was full and cruised past and told how impressed I was :rock:

Do you mean rt 72?

Ya, I think im going to buy it. My dump truck just got paid off and this will be only a few hundred more than what I was paying. This should be the last big purchase I will have for a while.

Ya, I think im going to buy it. My dump truck just got paid off and this will be only a few hundred more than what I was paying. This should be the last big purchase I will have for a while.

I been saying that for a long time, as I'm waiting for the 1990 to arrive. There is always something else.

Don't over pay them trucks are a dime a dozen. Get what you want make sure you explore all options.

curious as to why its only selling for 15K we sold one of our loaders this year, thing was literly falling apart still very much usable but a piece of crap. box was held on with chains all the brackets broke. everything on the grapple A frame was wore out all loose wouldn't keep the clam tight anymore trans was f'd up would grind going into 5 outa 10 gears thing wouldnt go back into gear if you were rolling and took it out of gear. engine was good though it was a 92 international tandem with 200K+ on it sold for 26K...

in regards to the ford the n 14 cummins is a pretty badass motor generally not to many issues with them. the grapple looks clean truck body looks decent (from the outside) if the truck checks out 15K seems like a steal thats an easy $30K truck in chicago!

Latest posts

Back