grapple truck help

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Where not to buy a grapple truck............ I81 equipment

Bought a grapple truck from I81 equipment about two years ago. Was going to be completly refurbished before delivery. When it was delivered, it had a smoking problem and the guys excuse was that it was pretty cold out. Besides, the guy delivering it was over 5 hours late. I had to take it in for NYS inspection, and it failed for excessive smoking. The company agreed to fix it at my local dealer. The injectors where all messed up. After replaceing 2 of them, another one failed. I had them all replaced, all eight of them. After putting in over 5 grand in the truck, I81 only wanted to cover a little over a thousand dollars of the work being done. They only wanted to pay 20 dollars an hour for the labor.
I waited for the check month after month, and every time i called they said that the owner was not in, or the check is on the desk waiting to be signed. What a joke. I found out that this is common with them and they are in court on several other cases like mine.
Buyer beware, just google them and check with the bbb before you buy from these cons. :msp_mad:

Bought a grapple truck from I81 equipment about two years ago. Was going to be completly refurbished before delivery. When it was delivered, it had a smoking problem and the guys excuse was that it was pretty cold out. Besides, the guy delivering it was over 5 hours late. I had to take it in for NYS inspection, and it failed for excessive smoking. The company agreed to fix it at my local dealer. The injectors where all messed up. After replaceing 2 of them, another one failed. I had them all replaced, all eight of them. After putting in over 5 grand in the truck, I81 only wanted to cover a little over a thousand dollars of the work being done. They only wanted to pay 20 dollars an hour for the labor.
I waited for the check month after month, and every time i called they said that the owner was not in, or the check is on the desk waiting to be signed. What a joke. I found out that this is common with them and they are in court on several other cases like mine.
Buyer beware, just google them and check with the bbb before you buy from these cons. :msp_mad:

I know what you meen, I bought my bucket truck there. I went out and checked the truck out before they started to build it so i knew the truck and boom was solid. I feel I got a nice truck for the money. I did have an issue and they said they would cover it, im still waiting for my 165. check.

Well I have been using my new grapple truck and everthing has been working good. I took it to my mechanic to have the inspection done. It needs front brakes a little air leak fixed and a marker light he said its a solid truck.

Well I have been using my new grapple truck and everthing has been working good. I took it to my mechanic to have the inspection done. It needs front brakes a little air leak fixed and a marker light he said its a solid truck.

I have bought equipment from several of them, sc***dy's , first fl**t truck sales, they were ok. But dont ever buy from k*D cars from roscoe ill. Never. Never.Never. They are the most dishonest people i have seen in my life.

Back