Grease fitting for bar sprocket

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
12 year old bar greasing threads!!??

What have we come to????
Well lets ask the New Folks that just joined the Group!
Maybe they were not using Chainsaws 12 years ago.
Mechanics are being born n everyday. They grow up asking questions.
Farmers plant crops every year. We need to replant and awaken old threads for those new folks that couldn't even pick up a Chainsaw 10 or 12 years ago. Like my grandsons. The only Stupid Questions are the ones not asked. So. You Guys that want to know,,,, keep asking. Blessings to you and your family.

Farmers plant crops every year. We need to replant and awaken old threads for those new folks that couldn't even pick up a Chainsaw 10 or 12 years ago. Like my grandsons. The only Stupid Questions are the ones not asked. So. You Guys that want to know,,,, keep asking. Blessings to you and your family.
Good to have members that have their panties twisted in a knot, I bet you do some greasing yourself!!

Yep, it shows the search feature is working, or Google is, but hey- why drag one up from 12 years ago? This debate was had just a few days ago- granted it did not start with needle tip fittings- was more a grease or not to grease..... this is the question, which is where this one is now headed.

Unless there’s dirt in the grease hole and greasing pushes that dirt into the bearings, no harm can be done.
That's an important "unless"!

The only thing that could make me start greasing a bar nose would be a combination of a really long bar and a too lean oiler (for said bar).

Don't forget the grease fitting on the grease gun. Makes filling that little gun easy, just use your big gun.

This is the little Lincoln gun. China clones are a POS, they do not have the internal spring that forces the grease up.

I bought this one in about 1975.

7eRT8p6.jpg

qmSWapU.jpg

uACbVeQ.jpg

If stihls can run bars w/out greasing the tip any saw can. The 461's/201's barely dribble oil out and after a decade I've never seen a stihl sprocket bearing failure.

Latest posts

Back