Grease fitting for bar sprocket

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I did not read all of this but I have a needle tip adapter that snaps onto the end of a regular grease gun and has a slide sleeve to hold it in place. I orginally purchased it so as I can grease the cross cardian grease sert on the front drive shaft of old model GM 4x4's and it can also be used to grease the roller sprocket on chainsaw bars.

Don't forget the grease fitting on the grease gun. Makes filling that little gun easy, just use your big gun.

This is the little Lincoln gun. China clones are a POS, they do not have the internal spring that forces the grease up.

I bought this one in about 1975.

7eRT8p6.jpg

qmSWapU.jpg

uACbVeQ.jpg
Wish I had one like that, would make refilling them much easier.

Wish I had one like that, would make refilling them much easier.
My thinking is:
The smaller grease gun I own has a threaded place on the top where the short stem pipe can be moved to. It's also good for letting air out. Just maybe a zerk of proper size could be fitted there and my bigger grease gun attached there could add grease. Maybe?

I am with sawtroll I don't bother greasing them I use stihl bars they don't even have a grease file GB sugihara and tsumura.
Have been for 10 years never had a problem with a Sprocket nose and 99% of all the wood I cut is dry.

Yup bar oil lubes the sprocket just fine. Grease sometimes would clog my mcculloch bars and make more oil drip out the clutch cover then the bar was getting.

Latest posts

Back