Greasing sprocket tips?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IF, you have a "juicy" oiler. If your oil holes become blocked or you have a stingy oiler, we're back to square one on this.

Yeah, if you are not getting enough oil, you are not getting enough oil, and that is a whole problem onto itself. It won't just be your nose sprocket you have trouble with, but your chain and bar will let you know quickly.

I'll leave it at that and go by the assumption that if the bar comes with grease holes in the tip, it was meant to be greased. If it doesn't, don't fret it. OR, just do what has worked for you (grease/no grease).

That's why some members were exasperated about going through this again. Again.

Of course, the non-greasers would tell you that if the bar comes with a grease hole it was meant to ALLOW you to grease the bearings, not that you have to.

As others have suggested, I would love to have official reps from Oregon and STIHL present their rationale for why they make their bars like they do.

Philbert

Of course, the non-greasers would tell you that if the bar comes with a grease hole it was meant to ALLOW you to grease the bearings, not that you have to.

...............................................................................................................................................

It is/was a thought provoking discussion to say the least. But I agree with you and lets put this baby to bed.

Thank You to all the posters that have discussed this subject over & over for your patience.

Now....should we move on to what is the best saw brand? Stihl or Husqvarna

Just kidding........just kidding;)

T

...............................................................................................................................................

It is/was a thought provoking discussion to say the least. But I agree with you and lets put this baby to bed.

Thank You to all the posters that have discussed this subject over & over for your patience.

Now....should we move on to what is the best saw brand? Stihl or Husqvarna

Just kidding........just kidding;)

T

If you really want to get some danders up, hear some foul language and probably incur some negative rep, (or just enjoy lobbing metaphorical grenades :D) just ask what the best mix oil is, and what ratio and why. :laugh:

Latest posts

Back