Great 090 find

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spokerider

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Ok, I can feel your love already, lol.........

Picked up a very nice 090 from the original owner today. It is non running. The guy was using it about 10 years ago when it just quit, he said. He has not trouble-shooted it since.
The compression seems low, but the piston looks very good through the exhaust port. I will have to take the jug off to investigate further.

This is the nicest 090 that I have now. It still had the ? original ? funny looking Bosch spark plug in it, and still has the foil sticker on the cover that tells the H and L screw adjustments. Never seen that foil sticker before. Still has the original bar grips that are in very good shape. The guy also thought that the saw *might* have electronic ignition as an upgrade, but I haven't delved into enough yet to see if it is or not. It does have a good fat blue spark when pulled over.

The pics tell the story.........

Oh yeah, what I paid............are you ready..........., really ready???
$50.

I can feel the love.

Ok, I can feel your love already, lol.........

Picked up a very nice 090 from the original owner today. It is non running. The guy was using it about 10 years ago when it just quit, he said. He has not trouble-shooted it since.
The compression seems low, but the piston looks very good through the exhaust port. I will have to take the jug off to investigate further.

This is the nicest 090 that I have now. It still had the ? original ? funny looking Bosch spark plug in it, and still has the foil sticker on the cover that tells the H and L screw adjustments. Never seen that foil sticker before. Still has the original bar grips that are in very good shape. The guy also thought that the saw *might* have electronic ignition as an upgrade, but I haven't delved into enough yet to see if it is or not. It does have a good fat blue spark when pulled over.

The pics tell the story.........

Oh yeah, what I paid............are you ready..........., really ready???
$50.
mabey just the decomp leaking,it would not run with low compreshion if the decomp failed

I can feel the love.

Yep!
I got lots of love last week too when I posted pics of the $40 090 I located and bought.

You found two 090's and only paid $90-!!..Your obviously working hard to find such great deals and your efforts have been rewarded!!... And may you be set upon by a pack of starving dogs!:yes:....Feeel da love.

You found two 090's and only paid $90-!!..Your obviously working hard to find such great deals and your efforts have been rewarded!!... And may you be set upon by a pack of starving dogs!:yes:....Feeel da love.
I have that vintage old squared off old plug in my parts saw,you have done magnificent scrounging

Back