Great grandfather's Mall model 6 in wood...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As long as it took you guys to get there, we all thought you had been to Kentucky.

Great vid!!
Good to see some of that old iron back in the wood. May not cut fast, but gives you time to listen to it purrr.....with a little family history to boot

:greenchainsaw:

wow for the age of it id say it runs pretty freaking good. and its cool to see that something that old runs really well and still is in good working condish.

That old Mall was the highlight of the GTG for me. I've absolutley got to have one someday. The model 6 is my favorite. Did a new plug bring it back to life again when you got home?

Yep...Kind of kicking myself for not bringing an extra...

As I recall I've heard that some of those old malls couldnt be turned on there side with out leaking gas all over the place due to the design of the carb. that would make life interesting up a tree, but then again I doubt the old timers were climbing with them either.

After seeing this vid I really need to get my grandfathers Mall down and get it running again. That was also a 2 man saw of about the same vintage, my grandma (shes about 5' tall if that) used to run the stinger end for grandpa back in the day cutting fire wood with the old mall. Sure wish I had a pic of that.

Thanks for the video, that really made my night

The bar actually turns 90 degrees so it can be ran for face cuts...

That old Mall was the highlight of the GTG for me. I've absolutley got to have one someday. The model 6 is my favorite. Did a new plug bring it back to life again when you got home?

:agree2: I was in the middle of putting a bar and chain on my Dolmar when you fired it off, I dropped what I was doing and grabbed my camera and ran over there. Afterwards I finished tightening the bar nuts and fired it up and was walking over to the cant and revved it up and off flys the chain...opps forgot to tighten the chain andd it's all your fault.:cheers:

So whats up with the GTG???? Are you going to host one?:)

Thanks for the vid!!!

I didnt realize it was your Great Grandpa's saw till you posted...Glad I was there to see you run it in person....That saw ran like a kitten,,and purred tru the wood...Thanks for bringing and running that at the GTG for us all...Glad to hear your Grandmother seen the vid too...A true treasure thats been past down tru generations.... :clap:

Back